Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Complicated problem with a game/my PC, Need pro's help.  (Read 8643 times)

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Complicated problem with a game/my PC, Need pro's help.
    « on: July 07, 2009, 07:01:39 AM »
    Ok here is whats going on.. I play a game called PSO (Phantasy Star Online) and everything was cool, untill 4 days ago, the server had a problem with randomly banning half its players..

So I got banned unbanned 3 times in 2 days.. Well they fixed the problem..

And I was unbanned.. Well then I was banned again..

So I'll post a PM convo I had with one of the games site Admins about trying to get it fixed..
    I'll put em in order of who sent what from start to finish. (Note this dude is a deuche, I can't help it I don't know s*** about PC stuff. :/)

Plus here are some of the links regarding the error that was fixed.

http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28229 (About the "Ban-Attack")

http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28227 (One of the many posts from one of the players that got banned)

http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28230 (another from a player)

[u]Note my game has always worked just fine until the server had this problem. and I have always had user account controls turned off.[/u]

I'm trying to figure out what on my end is causing this now.. Any help would be VERY much apprieciated... I think this is a very complicated problem tho..

Quote from: Site Admin
    *MASS MESSAGE DO NOT REPLY*

We appologise for the down time on the logon server which caused the false banned message, we where atempting to correct a number of issues with it.
    Hopefully all unwarrented ban issues have been resolved, if you continue to get this message, please wait a while before contacting a GM

Thanks.

Quote from: I said
    Message subject: Banned againFolder: Sent messages
    Guess Crono hasnt got it fixed yet. :/ Username:*******
    Can you please unban me?

Quote from: Site Admin
    It's very much fixed, anything you want to tell us?

I played just fine the day before yesterday, didnt get on last night. Then it wouldnt let me on today.

Why am I still getting the banned screen? I have done nothing wrong or said anything to offend anyone. :/

Quote from: Admin Said
    simple fact is, You have been banned on this account or another, either recently or in the past, when I see crono I will look it up and check exactly which account you where banned on.

Ok. :/ But this isnt right. I have NEVER been banned before the "ban-attack" thing. I have this account which is my main. and another I made and havent even used.. Was gonna use it as a storage file but didnt need it. if I can figure out the name and pass of it I will try to log on as that one or give it to you if it will prove anything..

This is completely unfair. I have never done anything on here wrong. but Time will sort this out I guess. If there is a list of people that were actually banned for a reason I won't be on it.

I found the email with the username and pass, and it says that account has been banned too. Which I don't understand why since it has like 1 lv.5 char or something like that on it... And I havent used it but once. I will gladly tell you the name/pass of it if you want to check it for yourself.

like I said I have NEVER been banned before that banning screen error problem... So I really hope you figure I havent been banned before soon. I want to play..

Plus I don't understand why you think I have been banned before in the first place.

Correction: It JUST let me log on as that account.. So It hasnt been banned either.

Username:********

Well for f***s sake, I signed off with the 2nd account then signed on again, and its banned now... So I don't know what the f*** is the deal... I guess I can't prove to you I havent been banned before. You'll just have to hear it from Crono...

I just figured you guys would have some kind of log of who's been banned before.. Like with their Forum name/account names on it..

This is complete horse s***.

Let me know when you hear something please.

(He wasnt responding to my messages.)

Have you heard anything yet??

I don't understand where you get the idea i've been banned before.

I really wanted to play tonight I have the night off...

Do I need to PM Crono (edit:Crono is the main dude of this server) about this as well?

This is unfair.

Quote from: Admin said
    Stop f***ing spamming me
    operating system and account status (admin or not)

you may have to run the loader as administrator.

Hey I tried that and it still says I am banned..

right you are retarded, I ask you for the operating system you use and you ignore me.

I didnt see a question in there.

I have user account controls off, and a 32-bit opperating system.

and yet again i still don't know if thats windows vista or 7 and even which version you are using, whether you are administrator or not.

No wonder you are banned you haven't got a f***ing clue.

Some people just use computers for playing games man..

I have Windows Vista.

and which vista version is that jeeze you are wasting my time, why is it always the retards who get banned.

Control panel > System, says I am using "Windows Vista Home Premium"

well what ever the problem is, it's with your computer. I've tested the ban system with multiple people. what ever the problem is it's your fault.

How is it my fault? The game has worked perfectly for me right up until this banned glitch problem popped up,

And what could I have done on my end to cause a ban message to come up?

Should I reinstall the game?

something is f***ing the loader on your pc, THAT IS YOUR FAULT not ours. now quit spamming me, there is nothing more I can do for you.

Ok, We'll see if its my fault I will go try it on another computer.

ok I just went  to my brothers room, and tried to log on with my account from his PC, and it still said I was banned. So how is that my PC's fault?
    All I've done is just play the game the same way since I signed up.
    This wasnt a problem for me until the whole server started banning people.

I don't understand how you say I am spamming you, you are an Admin and I'm simply trying to get my account back to working. And you are one of the only two that can unban people, plus any GM I have PM to about this would say talk to you about it.

So please stop calling me a f***ing retard.

there is something wrong your side, unless you have given me the wrong account information /the end.

My Account name is: ********
    GC# is in my Sig

I have tried TWO PC's both giving me the banned screen.

It is NOT my computer causing this...

This isnt "The End", I want to get my account working.

ACOUNT NAME: **********

Ok then he sent me a picture of him logged in as my account and playing the game.

What does that mean??? Please explain.. Its a pic of one of my Chars

I logged on to your account, it's not banned k thx fix your pc.

But I don't understand... How is my PC broken???? It said I was banned from my brothers computer too!

Thats a whole different system..

Then I told a trusted friend my username and Password, and had him try to log into my account from his PC, Which he got to log in.. So whatever this is causing this banned screen is for sure on my side.

Ok, So I just told a friend of mine my username/pass and he just got it to log in on his PC, (which has windows XP opposed to my Vista) So it has to be my PC like you said... I just don't understand at all what is making this happen...

Please let me know if anyone else has this problem...

Thanks for your time and the attempt at helping me..     

Can I please post something about this in the BB tech support topic? Or will you lock it?

no ban issues on the forum.

It's vista

MAKE SURE BOTH EXE'S ARE RAN AS ADMIN

loader and the pso exe

Could this be an ISP ban???

nope, it's your pc's acess config, I've told you.

run as admin or gtfo vista.

How do I run both of them as Admin?

I know this is a noob question so please don't call me a retard.

tried right click?
    run as?

How do I do two at once? I'm sorry I don't understand.

you don't, but you can set it in properties somewhere in the compat modes or something, I don't use vista so I can't tell you specifically, but it is very important they do run as administrator on vista.

Thank you SO MUCH for reading this.. I really hope someone can figure out this crazy complicated error.. Although if the site admin can't I dunno... But thanks so much if you try.. Lemme know if you have any questions... Or theorys.. This sucks.. I've spent a lot of time and money in this game...

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Complicated problem with a game/my PC, Need pro's help.
    « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 07:12:29 AM »
    Unprofessional conduct on both sides of the conversation; however, you are the customer.  It is not a quick process, but try escalating about the Admin level.  Are there corporate offices which you can contact?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 07:21:00 AM »
      No corprate.. Its a free server..

I just don't understand why it says I've been banned when I try to log in on my two PC's here, but yet, The Admin and my friend can log on with my account from there pcs.

They do use XP opposed to my PC's have Vista.. But Vista was never a problem the last 6-8 months I've been playing this game.. So I have no clue.

Is it something with my ISP?  ??? ??? He was right, I have No clue for sure..
      But there has to be some way to figure out why its doing this..

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 07:22:19 AM »
      Agreed.

I don't have high-level expertise, but I don't see how the operating system should be affecting this.  Let me go look at their web site.

I see a few different sites in my search.  May I ask from which site / server you access the game?

(I just realized the firewall which I'm currently behind may not let me get any further than a search.  I may have to look at this, later.)

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 07:27:04 AM »
        One of the Site Moderaters who posts in the technical support section sent me this just now, after explained whats going on with me.

Quote from: Blues22475
        Basically, he doesn't know how to fix the issue. What operating system has nothing to do with how you get your IP address (well aside from the fact that Vista supports both IPv4 and IPv6 network addresses but that has no impact in this case).

You can change the user part of your address, but if you're on the same network you can't do anything about it. Depending on how your ISP sets you up, they may not even feed you another network address for an indefinite amount of time. What you can try to do is go to command line (you can find it in accessories under all programs) type in ipconfig /release wait about 30 seconds then type in ipconfig/renew which should get you another IP address. Sometimes this can feed you a new network address.

Beyond that, there's not much I can advise. You might want to call your ISP to see if they can put you on another network or give you another network address.

To clear up, when I say "network" address I mean a particular network your ISP tends to put you on. Example: 192.168.2.134 say you change IP addresses and you get (after the ipconfig release renew) 192.168.2.75 you'd still be on the "192.168.2" network. Range bans can affect networks in this way (meaning they could ban the "192.168.2" network). If you happen to be on that network you can't get in because of it.

Does this sound like it might work? If so I will try and figure out what he said, and how to do it.

manadude2

Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 07:48:14 AM »
          What a rude admin.

You may need to unblock the ports for the game on your router. If your brother's computer is connected to the same router, then it still won't work.

There should be instructions for that on the game's website.
          Something went wrong here...

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »
            OK, Now after trying to renew my IP in the command prompt as Blues suggested, it didn't work.    So he said.

OK it seems either your ISP is banned, or your network range is banned. Your best bet is to try and get in contact with Crono(The main site admin/server host). Belive it or not, he does read his PM's (even if he doesn't respond to them).

Beyond that, you can just contact your ISP and tell them of the problem and see if they will feed you another network address (hoping it's not within the range of the ban if there is one).

If anyone else has any ideas or input please let me know.. I am a supreme nub with some to all PC problems..  "Computers isn't everyone's cup of tea (just use it and let someone else fix it xD)."

Thanks everyone so far for your posts.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 09:54:29 AM »
            Tried reinstalling yet?

pragma

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 11:34:14 AM »
              What the site moderator is telling you is that your IP might be banned. If you're sure you haven't done anything wrong you might simply be collateral damage from the admin banning someone else. If he has banned an entire IP range this can affect more than the intended target. This would also fit what you say about your friend being able to log in, but not you.
              You could contact the admin and ask him to check whether or not your IP is banned. You will need to tell him your external IP.
              I just found this this nifty system information script here at Computer Hope. It will tell you, among a lot of other things, your external IP. It is the info in the first line you want. "Your IP address is:"
              http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/systeminfo.cgi

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 02:04:35 PM »
                I did try re-installing.. No good :/

I PM'd the main Admin about this so he should check about the IP ban or whatever...

Hopefully he can figure something out. Thanks for the replys.

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 08:07:38 PM »
                  Still havent been able to get any help with this.. If anyone thinks they can figure it out please let me know..

Thanks for your time.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
                    • Yes
                    • Yes
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »
                  I"m not sure what the problem may be, but if your friend can log on, it's not an IP ban.

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 10:46:07 PM »
                    2 people can log in from different PC's/ISP's.
                     And I can't log in with two PC's on the same ISP here.

So its gotta be my ISP right? But why did this just start after 7+ months of playing.. I don't understand at all.

Thanks.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
                      • Yes
                      • Yes
                      • Yes
                    « Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »
                    Have you tried logging on at a friends house?

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 10:52:49 PM »
                      I personally havent been to a PC on a different ISP to try it..

Just my good friend a few states away and that Admin guy. Which he took a pic of him signed on as my account.

Hopefully the main site admin/server host will finally get on and check his PM's.. Dude barely is ever around..

A couple guys have said it could be my "IP Range" got banned. Do you think that could be it..

OK it seems either your ISP is banned, or your network range is banned. Your best bet is to try and get in contact with Crono(The main site admin/server host). Belive it or not, he does read his PM's (even if he doesn't respond to them).

Beyond that, you can just contact your ISP and tell them of the problem and see if they will feed you another network address (hoping it's not within the range of the ban if there is one).

Quote from: Pragma
                      What the site moderator is telling you is that your IP might be banned. If you're sure you haven't done anything wrong you might simply be collateral damage from the admin banning someone else. If he has banned an entire IP range this can affect more than the intended target. This would also fit what you say about your friend being able to log in, but not you.
                      You could contact the admin and ask him to check whether or not your IP is banned. You will need to tell him your external IP.
                      I just found this this nifty system information script here at Computer Hope. It will tell you, among a lot of other things, your external IP. It is the info in the first line you want. "Your IP address is:"
                      http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/systeminfo.cgi

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
                        • Yes
                        • Yes
                        • Yes
                      « Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 11:06:57 PM »
                      If your IP was banned, no one would be able to log onto the game in your house.

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 11:39:51 PM »
                        Thats what I said.. both PC's at this house cannot log into the game.

The people who did log into my account, were at a different location then me, and have different ISP's or whatever...

So this being the case.. Does it sound like my IP range was banned?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
                          • Yes
                          • Yes
                          • Yes
                        « Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 12:46:26 AM »
                        Didn't you say your friend could log on in your house?

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 01:10:22 AM »
                          No sorry if I explained wrong.. My friend could log on his PC as my account which is supposed to be banned according to what it says when I attempt to log on from either two of my PC's here..

He lives in a whole different state. As well as the admin, he logged it on my "banned" account from his PC.

So it must be my ISP and not my PC.

But how do I fix this? I'm still waiting for the main admin/server host to reply to me Message.

EDIT:I'm pretty Sure Blues has it right from the way its sounds. He's really smart and good with PC's and figure things out.. I'll need to keep waiting on Crono to check into it..   

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
                            • Yes
                            • Yes
                            • Yes
                          « Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 01:11:57 AM »
                          Then it sounds like an IP Address Ban. Can you try creating a new account or have a friend try logging in on your computer, just to make sure?

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 01:16:49 AM »
                            Well thats just it.. my other account says its banned when I try to log in, And ALSO, When I type in just some Random Username/Password it still says its banned before  It trys to log in.

So thats gotta be an ISP ban I guess. Just weird to me.. :/ Not sure what to do..

You saw how the Admin said "Its your fault Not ours , Fix your PC"
                            What a deuche.. For an Admin I'd think he'd figure that out. you guys and (Blues The Tech support Moderater) knows so much more then him, and he "programs" the game and trys to act smooth. :/

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
                              • Yes
                              • Yes
                              • Yes
                            « Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 02:22:08 AM »
                            I don't think it's an ISP ban, just an IP ban. If your ISP were banned, any player using the same ISP would be banned as well.

Provide their admin with your IP address and have him look at their records.

manadude2

Intermediate

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 03:09:56 AM »
                              2 people can log in from different PC's/ISP's.
                               And I can't log in with two PC's on the same ISP here.

So its gotta be my ISP right? But why did this just start after 7+ months of playing.. I don't understand at all.

Thanks.

You said that you let your brother log on using his computer? Does this mean that your brother also plays? If so, there may be a multiple account setting on the game which blocks any account which is found playing on the same IP as another account, even if not at the same time. This might be what has happened and would also explain why your friend and the admin could log on.
                              Something went wrong here...

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 03:16:52 AM »
                                I don't think it's an ISP ban, just an IP ban. If your ISP were banned, any player using the same ISP would be banned as well.

Provide their admin with your IP address and have him look at their records.

Yeah that's what it seems to be. Although I don't know the difference in the two ISP/IP.  :-\  but I will have to wait for the Main Admin to check it out like you and Blues said.

Thanks for your time everybody, I appreciate it.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
                                  • Yes
                                  • Yes
                                  • Yes
                                « Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 03:20:14 AM »
                                Your ISP is the one who provides your internet service. (Internet Service Provider)

Your IP address is assigned to you by your ISP.

What's your IP? http://www.whatismyip.com/

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 03:23:09 AM »
                                     Yeah that's what it seems to be. Although I don't know the difference in the two ISP/IP.  :-\  but I will have to wait for the Main Admin to check it out like you and Blues said.

Thanks for your time everybody, I appreciate it.

EDIT:I'm sure you noticed but I am very slow and ignorant when it comes to computers.

TylerDoom

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 03:25:04 AM »
                                    Ok cool. Thats a good way to check what it is.. Hopefully The main Admin will get online and recieve my PM's about this and help me out..  Since the other dude,  who acts like he knows so much about the game, cannot.

"Its your fault not ours, Fix your PC" Is what he said.  ::)