Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Serious Harddrive Problems?  (Read 2225 times)

uhntissuhn

Serious Harddrive Problems?
« on: July 08, 2009, 08:29:34 PM »
Here are the facts:

Seagate hard drive is approximately a 1.5 months old.
The laptop is 1 year and 1 month old.
Using Windows Vista.

Fujitsu Lifebook A series.
Model number: A6120
Product number: FPC03270AP

Fujitsu hard drive, 250 GB, Model: MHY2250BHY
Part Number: CP170897-01

When running diagnostic test on the 250 GB Fujitsu hard drive, at 20% an error message that reads: Hard disk error 2107 is received and the diagnostic test does not continue.

hard drive number 2:
Brand: Seagate Size: 500 GB Serial Number: 5VE0ZE8 Model Number: ST900325AS

When i ran the diagnostics on the second hard drive, I received ZERO error messages. I simply got an error message stating: the problem is not the hard disk.

connected BOTH hard drives externally to another computer and ran both a virus scan and check disk on the hard drives. the results on both hard drives for both tests were clean - no errors.

Here are the problems I am having:

First hard drive problem:

Computer will start up, I can log onto my Windows account, everything seems to be running smoothly. After approximately two minutes, the computer will freeze. Freeze meaning that I cannot open any windows, close any windows but I can move the mouse around.

Second hard drive problem:

Computer will start up, on the Welcome screen, when trying to open the Shut Down/Restart menu, the computer will freeze in that I cannot select or deselect anything but I can move the mouse around. As well, I can log onto my Windows account (sometimes), but shortly afterwards (about thirty seconds later) everything will freeze - cannot select/deselect anything, but the mouse will move.

Attempted to start up the fujitsu laptop by having the hard drives externally attached. Computer would not start up with either hard drive externally attached.

When trying to start Windows in Safe Mode, the same problems happen for both hard drives.

So could anyone tell me what is wrong with the computer and/or hard drives?