Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: user account problem  (Read 2308 times)

amyc

user account problem
« on: July 08, 2009, 06:58:19 PM »
I have windows xp. I wanted to not have a log-on/password when I started my home computer, so I went to Control Panel then User Accounts and I THINK I clicked on "Pick an account to change." It deleted the original account (including settings of the computer, desktop icons, bookmarks that were saved).
I have attempted "system restore," but it does not allow me to restore to a time prior when I changed the account. I have also "searched" for names of files of sites that were bookmarked, hoping to find the bookmark list.

Is there any way to change it back to the previous user account to restore it back so I don't have to re-personalize everything and try to remember all the bookmarks?
Thank you!!
Amy

Tranc3r

Intermediate
    Re: user account problem
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 10:41:53 PM »
    Ouch!

I'm afraid, you'll have to do some brainstorming of your bookmarks... and re-personalize everything.

You see, when you Delete a Windows Account from your computer you are basically wiping the existence of that account off the computer (no saved documents, web browsing, cookies, bookmarks, NOTHING, it's all deleted with the account), so once it's gone... it's gone.

Good luck with re-personalizing!

Tranc3r
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa!!