Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fatal Error Occurred Raid relationship and Content of all hdds will be DESTROID  (Read 2921 times)

willarthurmusic

Topic Starter

Starter

Hi there,
    Today I turned on my computer and it went straight to a blue screen with white writing, highlighted red. The error message says "Fatal Error Occurred , Raid relationship and Content of all hdds will be DESTROIED - - - - Continue©?" (Yes destroied is spelt wrong). I have no idea what this means, is it a virus? Or is it actually an error? I'm scared to press continue, I just shut off the computer. If anyone knows how to help me, pleaseeeee reply. Thanks.

Side note: running windows xp sp2
    running raid

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    try Recovery console- run Fixboot/fixmbr. and reboot.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

willarthurmusic

Topic Starter

Starter

hey thanks for your response

The problem is the error screen pops up right when I turn on my computer :(

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      recovery console is accessed by booting from CD.

If that appears before anything, including RAM checks or the BIOS screens, it might be a BIOS message.

they're getting better, but I've seen a LOT of BIOS spelling errors. Namely my 286 that insisted it had EXTENTED RAM.

IF you can access the BIOS setup screens (DEL, F2, etc) during boot-up, change the Boot sequence to access the CD-ROM, then boot from your windows CD.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

willarthurmusic

Topic Starter

Starter

Hi again,

I can't seem to be able to even access the BIOS setup screen. I click f2 and it says at the bottom "Entering Setup" and then it goes to the next screen that checks raid and ram and whatever else, and when it gets to that screen, the error message pops up. So it doesn't seem like I can do anything :( In theory what do you think would happen if i clicked continue?