Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How many times I can refill?  (Read 5137 times)

ethervaughn

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

How many times I can refill?
    « on: July 10, 2009, 05:25:45 AM »
    I have Mimaki JV33-260 printer how many time can I refill my cartridges?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: How many times I can refill?
      « Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:10:12 AM »
      Check the manufacturers website for FAQ's.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

ethervaughn

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:35:30 AM »
        Thanks for suggestion, I just want to know some experience about Mimaki JV33-260 from the forum members. Any way thanks again.

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 02:21:38 AM »
        Since the JV33 series has a separate print head from the cartridges, I don't see any reason why you can't continue to use them for as long as you want or until it refuses to recognize the chip on the cartridge... or until they start leaking.

You know, Mimaki makes a bulk ink system for that printer which pulls the ink from bottles instead of cartridges. 1 liter of ink (third party ink) is about the same price as the 400ml cartridges (genuine Mimaki) ($110-120, depending on where you get them).

I couldn't find a listing anywhere for genuine Mimaki 2-liter ink bottles, but supposedly they make them as it's what they advertise can be used with their bulk ink system.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 07:42:15 AM »
          ethervaughn, I am not familiar with your particular printer but there are some common items that relate to your concerns re the number of potential refills. If your printer cartridges have code modules affixed to them unless you have a device (available usually--but not from Mfgr.) that can "reprogram them" you will NOT be able to refill them and have the printer program recognize them. If they are reprogramable or don't require it then the limiting factor is usually the ability of the sponges to retain the ink. They dry up and lose their ability after a time. You can help to retard this  happening by not letting your cartridges run entirely out of ink before refilling them.While the option quaxo has stated is certainly a possibility some issues are known to exist with it. Also it depends on how much printing you do as to whether that is a viable option. There are other options available also. You can obtain reprogramable cartridges,also generally replacement cartridges are often available that don't require reprogramming,and as well cartridges that don't require reprogramming and DO NOT contain sponges (making it easier to see the ink content remaining) and hold more ink than the sponge type. All the methods i have mentioned require one to refill their own cartridges (an easy task) and get the necessary supplies (ink,syringes,etc) to get going. The expense of the empty cartridges ,supplies and bulk ink will normally be less expensive than all the replacement cartridges from the Mfgr. The supplies normally only need to be purchased once. After that it is only the bulk ink. If you require an excellent source ( i have no vested interest in them other than as a user of their products) please feel free to P.M. me and I'll be glad to provide their contact information. If you are in North America they can also be contacted by phone and are as well very technically knowledgeable and can advise you on which of the options i have related are available to you for the specific printer you have and make  recommendations. truenorth

ethervaughn

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 12:43:34 AM »
            Since the JV33 series has a separate print head from the cartridges, I don't see any reason why you can't continue to use them for as long as you want or until it refuses to recognize the chip on the cartridge... or until they start leaking.

You know, Mimaki makes a bulk ink system for that printer which pulls the ink from bottles instead of cartridges. 1 liter of ink (third party ink) is about the same price as the 400ml cartridges (genuine Mimaki) ($110-120, depending on where you get them).

I couldn't find a listing anywhere for genuine Mimaki 2-liter ink bottles, but supposedly they make them as it's what they advertise can be used with their bulk ink system.
            Yes you are right mimaki's this model has two separate heads, I am running a small business. My business concern with printing especially photo prints. I have the printer by all the brands. I bought this mimaki model recently.
            As the mater of buying links I fell so lucky because I am buying  printer ink up to 95% off compare to any retailer.

quaxo

Guru
              • Yes
            « Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 01:03:10 AM »
            this model has two separate heads

All three models of the JV33 have only one print head. In fact, as far as I know, none of the Mimaki printers have two heads. I think it's only 1, 4, or 6. Are you sure you're thinking about the right thing?

Anyway, you might want to consider how much ink you use in a month generally. A bulk ink system for a Mimaki can run $1500-$2000, but getting ink by the bottle is much cheaper. If you're not going through that much, it might be more cost effective to just keep buying or refilling cartridges, but if you are going through a lot of ink, it might be a good investment in the long run.

ethervaughn

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 03:00:34 AM »
              Thank you for the information. Can you please suggest me, how do I find ink for my printer?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 07:28:42 AM »
                ethervaughn,yes i can go back and reread my post.truenorth

Quantos

Guru
                • Veni, Vidi, Vici
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                « Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 07:31:05 PM »
                You can't refill your cartridges.  It voids the warranty.

If your printer is out of warranty then never refill them more than once.  There is a bladder inside them that can and will leak.
                Evil is an exact science.

quaxo

Guru
                  • Yes
                « Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 08:08:32 PM »
                You can't refill your cartridges.  It voids the warranty.

If your printer is out of warranty then never refill them more than once.  There is a bladder inside them that can and will leak.

And given that you could buy a brand new car for the same price as the printer, is it really worth that risk?  ;)

Quantos

Guru
                • Veni, Vidi, Vici
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                « Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »
                And given that you could buy a brand new car for the same price as the printer, is it really worth that risk?  ;)

A brand new car?

I want a Ferrari.

quaxo

Guru
                  • Yes
                « Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 08:18:48 PM »
                A brand new car?

I want a Ferrari.

Well, I was thinking something a little less expensive... like a Chevy or Ford.

Quantos

Guru
                • Veni, Vidi, Vici
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                « Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »
                Like the new GTR 350?

ethervaughn

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 03:12:03 AM »
                  There is a bladder inside them that can and will leak.

How to clean printer cartridges?