Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Epson printer " communication error"  (Read 3326 times)

barnaby

Epson printer " communication error"
« on: July 11, 2009, 02:58:11 AM »
 Hi,
I'm using a Mac powerbook G4 on OSX and an Epson stylus photo R2400.
Recently it has started to turn off suddenly in mid print or stop printing and display communication error window. Both of these problems are maddening. I wonder if the fact that I have recently added an external monitor and am running two external hard drives as well as a mobile phone connect device ,could be overloading my system and causing consistent connection problems? Or  a bad USB .
Any ideas as to how to tackle this ?
 Thanks

pragma

Beginner

Re: Epson printer " communication error"
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:08:04 AM »
    I would say no, the extra gear shouldn't cause the printer to fail, but an easy way to make sure would be to disconnect the other USB devices and see if this changes anything.
    « Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 09:31:38 AM by pragma »

ashdbash

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 09:15:25 AM »
      i have the same printer, try a master reset.

set it to print something and as soon as it starts pull the power cable out, it will reset the printer but i would nt use this method all the time, best of luck ash

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 11:14:06 AM »
      set it to print something and as soon as it starts pull the power cable out, it will reset the printer but i would nt use this method all the time, best of luck ash

Yeah, you'll need best of luck if you keep doing that.

HERE is a support page for your model printer.  Ash's idea of a master reset, by itself, isn't bad, but perhaps you may find a better way to go about it.

I agree with pragma's suggestion, too.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"