Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: First of all..you guys are great!!  (Read 4668 times)

ladytechie

First of all..you guys are great!!
« on: April 06, 2005, 01:04:03 PM »
 ;D seriously, I've read alot of your post (Q&A's) and because of your wit and knowledge, I decided to post my own problem.

I have the beta verson of microsoft-antispy. I also have v-com 's Systems Suite (which is the ONLY program that found this virus. I also run microsofts malicious spyware remover from their site. I also (until a few days ago) has SpySweeper (which is good but did not detect this virus!!....ok, I am getting to the bug...just telling what is on the system.

The virus found is :
Troj_BDI.A

I looked it up online and found it poses 'medium' damage (my pc just runs a bit slow but I notice when it is idle suddenly the hard drive kicks in and runs on its own at which time, I promptly shut it off). Anyway the problem is this:

V-com anti-virus finds it but can't remove it. It refers me to housecalls which also finds it but can't delete it. I want to know how to delete it out.

Here is where it is at on my system (which I haven't been able to get to:

c:/system volume information/_ restore/fd5555ceo-od66-48fl-9600-ea54fda1927b/rp57/a0021603.exe

any help would be highly appreciated.

Joleen

Re: First of all..you guys are great!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 01:18:14 PM »
I don't like to brag but will if forced to.  We are great.

When you say v-com can't get rid of this virus do you mean it tries but the virus comes back or do you mean it doesn't know how to start getting rid of it?  Turn off your System Restore and boot to safe mode then try again.

I tried the trojan name in Symantecs site and they didn't have any info which makes me think it doesn't really exist.

Try running your msconfig and see what's scheduled for start up, you might be able to prevent it from running.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 03:47:46 PM »
No listing in McAfee, either.

Trend Micro has a listing:
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_BDI.A

Since it appears to be located in the System Restore area, try scanning and deleting in Safe Mode.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 03:48:32 PM by Computer_Commando »

ladytechie

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 07:04:23 PM »
O, its real alright  :o  but apparently not well known and stubborn as *censored* to get rid of.

Trendmicro suggested 'Housecalls" to remove it. Housecalls did find it but couldn't remove it.

I will try removing in safe mode and keep ya posted.

ladytechie

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:07:58 PM »
By the way...when I say can't remove it...well the program detects it, asks should it try to remove it or isolate it.  But then returns the message that :

"Virus could not be removed. File is still infected."

2k dummy

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 06:50:08 AM »
AV software cannot remove a virus in the resore files. Simply turn off system restore, reboot, run the AV - it should be gone. Re-enable system restore.

Crly1264

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 03:24:36 PM »
Hope this helps you
FIRST  I Agree these pple are Great and are so helpful

now on to your problem

About 2 months ago i would scan with my nortons and it would
tell me it found 1 threat but could not delete
I did not know what threat was.
I scanned with Beta, and adaware SE, and Spybot all found nothing.

My computer began freezing and dying , so I went on line to
the Spyware-doctor site I downloaded the free test version and it found 129 virus's on my computer.
I then had to purchase it (only 29.00) and it then wiped them all out)

I am very please with this spyware software and it has lots of protection .
Maybe you can try to do the same  it may find your little pesty but and kill it

Oh mine was Ezula,  hijack , virtual bouncer, all kinds of wacko virus and spyware that Nortons dont get,
Good luck

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 10:40:43 PM »
    ladytechie....   Have a read and then follow the manual removal instructions ........
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ%5FBDI%2EA&VSect=Sn
    Make sure you turn off your system restore feature and be sure to do the registry removal as well .

Let us know how you make out .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.