Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer driver for Lexmark X73  (Read 4133 times)

Trebor479

Printer driver for Lexmark X73
« on: July 11, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »
When I install the printer driver for my X73 printer on my new computer with Vista OS, I am unable to get anything to print, even tho the driver shows up as installed in list of programs?  Could the X73 driver be incompatible with Vista?

fat_basterd21

Apprentice

• Experience: Experienced
Re: Printer driver for Lexmark X73
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 10:48:53 AM »
There seems to be compadability issues with Lexmark drivers on Vista. Check here.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaprinting/thread/7b7f10ab-c9e9-4120-864f-fda977b2ebc9

Heres one persons solution. I didnt read far. Several options there to try.
restand said:

I have been working on this for 2 hours and "Bang" I got the Z73 to print with Vista.

Go to Control Panel, Click on Printers, then Add Printer and Add Local Printer, select Lexmark Z42, virtual printer port for USB and follow directions. Ta Dah!!!
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE-CONTROL FOR COOL!!!

ThomasTheXPUser

Hopeful

• Remember me? :-)
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • ThomasTheXPUser
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Printer driver for Lexmark X73
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 11:52:54 AM »
I went to the drivers & downloads section on Lexmark.com, and it appears that the drivers they provide for that particular printer are only for Windows 2000 & XP. It might work if you use the XP drivers, but I doubt it. It might be time for a printer upgrade :(

BSOD image source : ToastyTech IE is evil page
Can't sleep! Clowns will eat me!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary code and those who do not.