Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Where do you all get those things at the bottom of your profile?  (Read 10134 times)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Where do you all get those things at the bottom of your profile?
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2009, 10:17:40 PM »
The other thing that I'm trying to understand, so many people I have asked, haven't even heard of CSS. My nephew who setup the internet for us when we switched from our Earthlink dialup to Bellsouth DSL hasn't even heard of it. He has even created pages for people. Created a myspace site for a client of his. I even asked this friend of mine who I met through her 'N Sync site she has.
Amy, web pages can be developed without using CSS.  This is clearly indicated by your own experience and the experience of the people you mentioned who have not heard of it. Using CSS is optional.  As I said in Reply #35, "CSS was developed as a labor-saving tool for web developers in developing web pages."  So, the more advance web developers will usually use CSS because it can make making various changes to a large website much easier.  CSS is a somewhat advanced technique.  So, many casual web developers, people have had limited training in web design or who are self-taught, may not know anything about CSS.  Again, CSS is an optional technique for web developers. 

By the way, can you get in the habit of putting quotation marks about text that you're quoting from another source.  For example, all the following content from your preceding post is apparently quoted material:

"This specification defines in general a subset of CSS 2.1 [CSS21] that is to be considered a baseline for interoperability between implementations of CSS on constrained devices (e.g. mobile phones). Its intent is not to produce a profile of CSS incompatible with the complete specification, but rather to ensure that implementations that due to platform limitations cannot support the entire specification implement a common subset that is interoperable not only amongst constrained implementations but also with complete ones. Additionally, this specification aligns itself as much as possible with the OMA Wireless CSS 1.1 [WCSS11] specification. At the same time, OMA is doing alignment work in OMA  Wireless CSS 1.2 [WCSS12]. It is aimed at aligning the mandatory compliance items between CSS Mobile Profile 2.0 and OMA Wireless CSS 1.2 [WCSS12]."

It would help avoid any confusion about what's being quoted and what you're saying yourself.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 03:07:09 AM »
And again,

Quite a change of subject here.  I think you should start a new topic/thread.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2009, 12:31:46 PM »
Sorry, I'll start another topic/thread if I have anymore questions.
Thank you everyone again for helping clear things up.
The good news is that it looks like I already know how to do CSS. Everything I keep reading, sounds like stuff I already learned to do. With everything in life though of course at times go back over things to double check we haven't misunderstood anything.
I'll also try and remember about the quotes around things too. Sorry if I forget at times, everything for me is hard to remember ever since getting sick, memory problems is one of my handicaps.  :'(