Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please PLEASE HELP GRAPHIC CARD PROBLEM?????SCREEN RES:  (Read 4044 times)

fahmyadam

Topic Starter

Rookie

Please PLEASE HELP GRAPHIC CARD PROBLEM?????SCREEN RES:
    « on: July 16, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »
    Hi I recently Brought a pc off a friend which worked fine I forrmatted the Hard drive and installed WIN XP because my mate brought pc from shop i knew i could download drivers from company website but i have now come acros a BIG problem!!!!as my pc has no wireless card i cannot connect to internet..(but i have pc down stairs which can!) so i downloaded drivers to CD and loaded it on my upstaris pc..
    MY PROBLEM IS MY SCREEN RESOLUTION IS SET @ 640 BY 480 LOW (8BIT)AFTER I INSTALLED GRAHIC CARD DRIVERS...so when i try to change this to highter res my screen so funny!!!all blured pic like and u can barely see nefing!! so then no matted wot i changed it back to screen stays Blurerd like even when i cancel  the change! only way to fix probelm is to unistall graphic card  drivers then computer restarts (screen  goes back to normal after uninstall drivers!)and finds new hardware so i install drivers again and  screen goes back to normal!640 BY 480 LOW (8BIT) but surely i can have more??? why cant i have more colours than 8bit or better res??? i know my screen is caperbel of more as i had then same screen down staris working @ highte res:...

Graphic card is : NVIDIA GEFORCE 6200SE TURBO CACHE(TM)
    Display say: PLUG AND PLAY MONITOR NVIDIA6200SE TURBO CACHE...(SET AS 620X480 LOW(8BIT)
    System is FUJITSU Siemens YSSP782008
    RAM: 2GB
    MONITOR: Fujitsu Siemens (Caperbel of @ lest 1152by864 32bit when i ran it down stairs on another system)
    SITE I GOT DRIVERS FROM :http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html
    PLEASE HELP!!! ne1!!!

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Please PLEASE HELP GRAPHIC CARD PROBLEM?????SCREEN RES:
      « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 01:17:36 PM »
      Did you install the drivers off of the CD that came with the card or did you download them off of nvidia.com?

Also, did you try a different monitor?
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

fahmyadam

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »
        AS STATED BE BEFORE I DNT AV THA CD DOWN LOAD DRIVERS OFF http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html
          PLEASE READ ALL BE4 COMMENTING! SORRY IF I SOUND AGRESSIVE JUST I DNT WANNA KEEP REPEATING THA SAME FING SOME1 PLEASE HELP !

killerb255

Adviser
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 04:41:47 PM »
          On one hand, yes, I should have read your whole post.  My apologies for that.

On the other hand:

1) Your post isn't exactly the most readable post.  Spelling, grammar, and punctuation in most of the right places do help.  It doesn't have to be everywhere, but for the love of God don't burn my eyes with an incoherent mess!

Just because other people use "L33T txt spk" doesn't make it any more understandable when cluttered together in a big ol' mess.  Garbage in, garbage out, ya know... (you gave me a garbage effort, I gave you a garbage effort).

If you want people to understand you, make yourself understandable.  Otherwise, you will have to repeat yourself to get anywhere.  Not might, not maybe, will.

2) Being aggressive doesn't help, despite your apology for doing so.  Nobody has to help you at all.  They choose to, and we can all choose to turn the other cheek and not lose any sleep at night. 

3) You still didn't answer my question about whether or not you tried a different monitor, unless it's somewhere in that mess of an original post, and I didn't see it (does CTRL+F search for "monitor" to see, so I don't make the same mistake again--nope, you didn't answer the question).

With all that being said, try downloading the drivers from http://www.nvidia.com.  They tend to stay up to date far more than the manufacturers do.
          Quote from: talontromper
          Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Jaygee61

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:05:16 PM »
            first of all...  it looks like you downloaded onboard graphics drivers if you got them from the PC manufacturer's site...  killer is right, download the drivers from the Nvidia site...

secondly...  did you try changing the display settings in Properties?  right click on your desktop and select "Properties", the click on the "Settings" tab and look at your resolution settings...  try changing the slider to at least 1024x768...  make sure to accept the new setting and go from there... that should help a lot... but get those new Nvidia drivers...

good luck!
            :: Generic ATX Mid-tower :: Okia 450W PSU :: Biostar P4M900-M4 board :: Intel Northwood Pentium 4 2.53 GHz :: BFG GeForce 7300 GS 512MB PCIe X16 :: 2GB Transcend PC5300 DDR2 RAM :: Onboard VIA Audio :: Dual 40GB HDD :: Windows XP Home SP3 ::

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            • Certifications: List
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »
            the fact that this thread has only been replied to by <1000 post members says a lot.

Nothing against them, of course. you start out eager to help everybody.... then you realize, after a while, (as killerb said) that unless they make the effort to receive there's no reason to give. I saw this post before any replies, but didn't bother to read through the original post for the same reasons killerb255 described.

Your description of the problem is relatively vague at best. "the screen goes funny"? All Blurry like? Be specific. What resolutions are you changing too, first off. If it isn't the native resolution of the monitor (LCD) it's going to appear blurry.

I'd go for the reference NVidia drivers, rather the the manufacturer's drivers.

Also have you tried a system restore?

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

fahmyadam

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »
              your right SORRY my grammer & spelling is piss poor too say tha least. i will try downloading new drivers off nvidia 2morrow i proberly put all you lot off reaplyin or helping me out but to any1 who still willing to help me( even after my crap atempt of spelling)
               i let u know how it goes 2morrow   ??? :-[ :-[ :'(