Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: outlook express 6 (with pop3) duplicate messages  (Read 2614 times)

Guillaume

Topic Starter

outlook express 6 (with pop3) duplicate messages
    « on: July 16, 2009, 10:47:34 AM »
    All of my inbound messages get duplicated and, not knowing what was at the origin of the malfunction, I don't know what to do about it.  One thing I tried, to no avail, is delete the pop3uidl.dbx file.  So, what should I try?  How do I search for clues?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: outlook express 6 (with pop3) duplicate messages
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 08:44:45 AM »
    So, you deleted the pop3uidl.dbx file but that did not solve the problem, right?  I suspect your computer is not retrieving all messages when you try to retrieve mail.  Do you hear the audible tone you should hear when OE has completed downloading of all messages?  Or, does it seem to stop before all messages are downloaded?

Can you access your email via a webmail interface, i.e. using your web browser?  Who is your ISP, with whom I presume you have this email account?

Guillaume

Topic Starter

Re: outlook express 6 (with pop3) duplicate messages
      « Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 10:58:30 AM »
      Was away a few days.  Thanks soybean for your interest.  What I finally did is use my various cleaning utilities:  Ad Aware, Spybot S&D, Win Optimizer, chkdsk, Clean up and, to my surprise, one of them must have done the trick because this early afternoon I checked my mail and it came in singly, no more duplicated.  I suspect that my registry had been tampered with.  I hope I can say goodbye...