Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Schemes  (Read 1933 times)

old sarge

Topic Starter

Sound Schemes
    « on: July 16, 2009, 10:56:23 AM »
    None of the windows xp sounds work. I've tried setting up sound schemes but still nothing. I have sound on everything else.

Text

Greenhorn

Re: Sound Schemes
      « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 11:03:57 PM »
      You need to be more specific. Have you tried actually going to the wav file sound locations and playing them with your media player? If so, do they work?

To me, it sounds like an issue with Windows Sound Player which means some type of registry damage has occurred. Can you roll back any changes recently made?

old sarge

Topic Starter

Re: Sound Schemes
        « Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:46:50 AM »
        The sounds play when tried when setting a new sound scheme. They will play when double clicked. It seemed like this happened after a "patch Tuesday" windows update. This was a year or more ago.  I just learned of this computer hope site so thought I would see if someone might have a solution. Would be nice to hear the sounds sometimes. Not a life or death issue. One forum I checked on a long time ago had some people on it that seemed to think every one should be computer nerds and know how to fix anything & if you didn't know then they weren't going to help.