Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Picture??  (Read 2423 times)

keepit

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

No Picture??
    « on: July 21, 2009, 05:43:01 PM »
    Hey. I just finished building my first computer earlier today and was preparing to boot it up. I connected my video wire to my monitor (which does work fine, i'm using it with my laptop atm) to the back of the desktop and turned it on. Everything started up and was whirring and such, but I got no picture on the monitor, even after waiting for a minute or two. Is there any way to troubleshoot this? I plugged a normal, and an HD cable into both the onboard video, and my video card. What am I doing wrong??

If you guys need it, I've got an
    ASRock M3A780GXH motherboard
    and an
    MSI GTX250 video card.

It's nothing to do with my motherboard shorting out either, as the CPU off it runs fine. I just can't get a picture. Thanks for the help.

xavier

Re: No Picture??
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 06:00:10 PM »
    Check your monitor to video connection.Switch monitors if you can.

keepit

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »
      It's not the monitor.. I'm using my laptop right now and I plugged it into the monitor.. it works fine. It's gotta be with some sort of wiring problem.. but I really have no idea what I did wrong.

xavier

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 06:11:27 PM »
      Is this a on board video or a card?

keepit

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »
        It's with both. I tried just my onboard with both cables, and I tried my video card with plugs in onboard and the video (separately). Nothing works. Nothing's shorted out either, I just plugged it in and everything came on. I tried with and without the video card plugged into the motherboard as well.

xavier

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 06:26:24 PM »
        Try a monitor. This is a hardware issue

xavier

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 06:32:31 PM »
        check your power connections>24 pin main>and the 4or 8 pin12v to the board.

keepit

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 11:57:32 PM »
          I've been messing around with a lot of different wire combinations, so I'm just gonna unplug everything and start over again, following the manual as closely as possible. In my eyes there's nothing I did wrong. It's a little confusing.

keepit

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »
            Alright, CPU works now. I get a couple beeps when I turn everything on - but still no picture from the onboard video. I took out the video card and haven't put it in yet. Should I try that?