Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer restarting while turing on  (Read 2514 times)

dman728

Computer restarting while turing on
« on: July 29, 2009, 11:37:46 AM »
I have a 2 1/2 year old Compaq Pressario V6000 laptop and I am running XP on it.  When I turn it on it goes to the blue XP starting up page. Before reaching the log in screen, the computer restarts and continues on a loop like this. I have tried starting it is the previous setting that worked and safe mode but it continues to do the same thing.

I have no idea what may be wrong with my computer so any diagnosis or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

killerb255

Adviser
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer restarting while turing on
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:24:25 PM »
    Jam on the F8 key on your keyboard while it's starting.  You should get a startup menu.

Select "Disable automatic restart on system failure."

What should happen after this is the dread "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD).

Write down everything on the BSOD and post it here (yes, even the gibberish).
    Quote from: talontromper
    Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 01:50:55 AM »

What should happen after this is the dread "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD).

I believe that the OP is referring to the start page, for log in purposes.

It could be a few different things causing this.  When was the last time that you cleaned out your computer, I mean from dust and related debris.
    Evil is an exact science.

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 01:08:14 PM »
      I believe that the OP is referring to the start page, for log in purposes.

I know. 

What's happening is that the OP's PC is going to the login start page, then a split-second-blur-BSOD-into-reboot.
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
      I have a 2 1/2 year old Compaq Pressario V6000 laptop and I am running XP on it.  When I turn it on it goes to the blue XP starting up page. Before reaching the log in screen, the computer restarts and continues on a loop like this. I have tried starting it is the previous setting that worked and safe mode but it continues to do the same thing.

I have no idea what may be wrong with my computer so any diagnosis or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Do you still require help?
      Evil is an exact science.