Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Capture issues  (Read 3209 times)

kb9mnm

Topic Starter

Starter

Video Capture issues
    « on: July 22, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »
    Hello;
    Dave here, and I am having issues with video capture not working. I installed Pinnacle Studio 9 with the Movie Box USB device. Now, it worked in my old E Machine computer, which died. I rebuilt a new one with an ATI Radeon X-1300 series graphic card. It has not worked since then. The error message I get is that it does not see any devices hooked up to the computer. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Dave
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:08:09 PM by kb9mnm »

truenorth

Guru

Re: Video Capture issues
      « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 02:57:36 PM »
      kb9mnm, Welcome to the CH forums Dave. A little suggestion first before we move on to your problem. Not a good idea to post your email address on the forums--nasties might find you and come after you. Now the problem --what is the hardware device that you are trying to use to do this video capturing and how are you connecting it to your computer? truenorth
      P.S. For what it is worth see what others have to say about this product. http://www.videohelp.com/capturecards/pinnacle-studio-moviebox-usb/281
      I now see that the actual "hardware is the "Movie Box USB device"
      Have you tried it in more than one USB port?
      Have you loaded the drivers for the hardware? (in the prescribed order).
      It is now on an XP O/S what was it on the old machine?
      « Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 04:55:10 PM by truenorth »

kb9mnm

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:07:44 AM »
        I am using Pinnacle Studio v9 with the Movie Box USB interface. I am connecting via the USB port. However, there are options on my video card for S-Vid as well as on the Movie Box unit.

kb9mnm

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 10:11:13 AM »
          SOrry, didnt scroll down far enough to see your reply!  ;D

Anywho, it's always been on XP. There wastn any special software that came with the unit. Just the Pinnacle software, and it worked before.  And, when I plug it in, Windows doesnt open the "New Hardware Found" window to install any drivers, if that were the case.