Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Audio Driver  (Read 3630 times)

AzNQuestions

Audio Driver
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »
Well, Its my first post but my computers sound for some reason has stopped working and I somehow need to reinstall the driver and I've found a disk which contains a program called Realtek audio but I am I beginner and I don't know if I should go ahead and install the program.

Heres a picture of what happens when I enter sound and audio devices:

truenorth

Guru

Re: Audio Driver
    « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »
    Welcome to the CH forums. While it is more than likely that the disc you have is related to your sound card from the information available to us at the moment we cannot be 100% certain. Under the "hardware" tab is there anything listed? Here is a link to a free software program that will provide you with a detailed list of what hardware is in your computer.
    http://download.cnet.com/Everest-Ultimate-Edition/3000-2086_4-10499291.html
    Download and run it and see if an audio device card is detected. If it confirms that your device is a "realtech" audio device then you can go ahead and use the disc you have. If that gets your audio card functioning then you may want to go to the manufacturers site for the card and see if an updated driver is available.truenorth