Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Guess which dummy didn't back up his drivers? *raises hand*  (Read 3523 times)

froggyphil

I need some help, bad.  I was having issues with my HP Pavilion A6500F and did a reformat.  The process went okay, until I needed to update the drivers.  It's not seeing/reading/whatever my internet.

My brother "downgraded" me from the store bought Vista to XP Pro, which I like so much better and the only thing I can find from HP on their site is for Lightscribe... the least of my worries right now.

I've done the whole Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Info thing and I guess it shows I'm missing 4 things, b/c here's what shows up on Problem Devices:

Ethernet Controller   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DC&SUBSYS_2A64103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&0&78   The drivers for this device are not installed.

PCI Device   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07FC&SUBSYS_2A64103C&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&48   The drivers for this device are not installed.

PCI Simple Communications Controller   PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_2F81&SUBSYS_000014F1&REV_01\4&AA3E8EE&0&0068   The drivers for this device are not installed.

SM Bus Controller   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07D8&SUBSYS_2A64103C&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&19   The drivers for this device are not installed.

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Guess which dummy didn't back up his drivers? *raises hand*
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 06:55:50 PM »
you would have been backing up drivers for windows vista, which is total garbage for windows xp pro.

anyway...
How many red and yellow flags show up in the WXP Devices manager?
If you can, tell us which ones, and perhaps we can help you find them... exact details please.

READ MORE HERE: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic131781.html

;D

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Guess which dummy didn't back up his drivers? *raises hand*
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 06:36:13 AM »
All your drivers will be available at the HP site...they are sorted by Model # and OS installed.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "