Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: desktop help needed  (Read 2506 times)

johnk

desktop help needed
« on: May 30, 2005, 03:05:40 PM »
i dont know how to explain it. the desktop is too big for my monitor, but i know its not because it worked fine friday and i turned it on this morning and its messed up. i have to scroll across my screen to find stuff... does anyone know what i'm talkin about? or help me with it? i have tried to change the screen resolution but that doesnt do anything. only 800x600 will fit on the screen and the icons are just huge. the resolution has always been 1280x1024 so i dont know why its acting up now. thanks.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: desktop help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 03:11:18 PM »
Have you made any changes to your system recently? Do you have virus protection? Have you tried updating your video card drivers?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

johnk

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 03:53:53 PM »
i havent changed a single thing.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 04:27:32 PM »
Do you have virus protection? Have you tried updating your video card drivers?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Monty_Palmer

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 07:58:41 AM »
I don't know what kind of monitor you are using, but you might be able to use the adjustments to have the monitor auto-select.  You would access this the same way you would to re-align the display if it were too far off to the right or left or whatever.  Unless the monitor is really old, there should be an auto adjust selection.

Hope this Helps.