Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help - My laptop screen has gone dull...  (Read 2951 times)

stevedd

Topic Starter

Starter

Help - My laptop screen has gone dull...
    « on: July 28, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »
    Hi I have a PB Argo 2 notebook which was purchased in 2007.  It has been nothing but trouble but just recently it has developed a fault that has rendered it un-usable at present and I am trying to seek some advice on ways to solve/test the problem.

When I turn the computer on the screen is very hard to see (no lights), I can make out the faintness of the screen but it is very very dull.  This starts at the startup and continues.

- I have taken in to a computer shop who have tested the inverter and this is ok.
    - I have replaced the LCD and the new LCD has the same issue.
    - Finally I have tried it on another computer screen and the other screen works wihtout issue. 

Can anyone advise me the best way to identify the problem and the best way to fix it?

Regards,

Steve

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Help - My laptop screen has gone dull...
    « Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »
    It may be video chip. Most likely, not worth replacing on 2 years old laptop.

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Help - My laptop screen has gone dull...
    « Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 12:52:48 PM »
    do you have a desktop pc monitor> maybe you can connect it and see if the monitor works fine with your laptop.