Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: formatting ?  (Read 2635 times)

mr.curious

formatting ?
« on: June 04, 2005, 03:20:12 AM »
Dear members,
                          Although I want to format my hard disk from startup disk. When I boot from startup disk, it shows A:\> . But I cant' change to drive C:. And it shows invalid drive.
                              I am using win XP sp 2. dos ver is 5.1.2600.  So, if u know how to fix this problem, please help me.Thank you. :(
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 03:27:16 AM by mr.curious »

Raptor

Re: formatting ?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 05:29:28 AM »
Have you ran Fdisk from the A:\ prompt?

mr.curious

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 06:21:48 AM »
Dear Raptor,
                     I think fdisk command only work in win 95 and win 98. My current version is window xp service park 2. And, I have also tested this command. And it shows "Fdisk" is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch files.
                      Thank fo your advice.
                                                                mr.curious ;D

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 07:35:12 AM »
If you are attempting to install Windows XP then there is no need to even look at an A:\ prompt.

You simply need to insert the Windows XP CD and choose to install Windows XP. From there it will tell you that Windows XP is allready installed and asks you wheter or not you wish to format first.