Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Memory Leaks, Page Faults, and Crashes Galore!  (Read 4864 times)

KillerOrange

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Memory Leaks, Page Faults, and Crashes Galore!
    « on: July 29, 2009, 05:52:28 PM »
    Here's the problem: something seems to be randomly hijacking certain processes and crashing my computer by saturating the memory usage.  The processes affected so far were dllhost.exe (COM Surrogate), rundll32.exe, QLB controller, ieuser.exe, iexplorer.exe, and even the apps that run Comodo and NOD32 (both cases happened once and surprised me and made me wonder if this is more than a memory leak). I understand how that could happen to the DLL hosts, which are just surrogates for a lot of other crap, but I don't understand how it took down the bigger apps.

What keeps happening is if I don't monitor Task Manager, my computer will overload and crash (dllhost.exe was using 1.5Gb of memory at one point when my computer froze).  I've had about 20 page fault BSoD's today and another 10 random ones that were caused by something unknown (system file failures or something--a few of them said the problem file was luafv.sys then "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"). Even when I'm in safe mode all this still happens.  I downloaded Hijack This from cnet, and when I pressed "run" to install it, my computer BSoD'd and crashed immediately. That happened twice, once in safe mode. When I start up and open TM really quickly, I see a Logitech Quickcam helper process (lvprcsrv.exe) open about 15 times (they all go away eventually) and rundll32 is open 3 times (this is before the desktop loads) and usually one instance starts exponentially increasing mem usage as stated above.  My computer crashed on startup at one point and I did the pre-boot system fixer.  It said it didn't work, but I restarted and it was fine.

Another problem is that even when I have no significant programs open, I sometimes randomly spike around 50% aggregate CPU usage. With just Firefox and background software running I get to around 70-80%. Physical Memory is at 40% at minimum, 30% in safe mode.  An average page faults (hard faults), in safe mode, was around 130/s with 2 programs consuming most of the memory.  This never used to happen, I could run After Effects and Sony Vegas at the same time!

What it causing this and how do I make it stop???

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6000 Notebook
    Windows Vista Home Premium x32
    Centrino Duo Core 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM

And here's a MBAM log -- these 3 viruses won't go away:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.39
    Database version: 2526
    Windows 6.0.6000

7/29/2009 12:55:58 PM
    mbam-log-2009-07-29 (12-55-58).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
    Objects scanned: 89131
    Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 1
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
    \\?\globalroot\systemroot\System32\MSIVXqpdsyqpyvjbbbrlqyhibcrgsfkcddiiv.dll (Spyware.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
    \\?\globalroot\systemroot\System32\MSIVXqpdsyqpyvjbbbrlqyhibcrgsfkcddiiv.dll (Spyware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Windows\System32\MSIVXcount (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Memory Leaks, Page Faults, and Crashes Galore!
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
    You have a rootkit.

Read here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
    Start new topic here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html
    Do NOT post any logs in THIS thread.