Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error Starting Computer  (Read 4114 times)

Lupe Rodriguez

Error Starting Computer
« on: May 31, 2005, 10:52:11 AM »
Ok every time I start my computer (right now im on a ME) i get this message, "Your system has detected a configuration error. Please report this error to Customer Care using the phone number found in the Warranty and Support Guide that came with your PC. Unless corrected, this error will prevent your PC from operating properly. Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the Power button. After a few seconds your PC will automatically turn off. (Code Purple)Your system has detected a configuration error. Please report this error to Customer Care using the phone number found in the Warranty and Support Guide that came with your PC. Unless corrected, this error will prevent your PC from operating properly. Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the Power button. After a few seconds your PC will automatically turn off. (Code Purple)Your system has detected a configuration error. Please report this error to Customer Care using the phone number found in the Warranty and Support Guide that came with your PC. Unless corrected, this error will prevent your PC from operating properly. Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the Power button. After a few seconds your PC will automatically turn off. (Code Purple)Your system has detected a configuration error. Please report this error to Customer Care using the phone number found in the Warranty and Support Guide that came with your PC. Unless corrected, this error will prevent your PC from operating properly. Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the Power button. After a few seconds your PC will automatically turn off. (Code Purple)" and their is no way around it. It is an a350n model windows xp home edition. it happens every time i turn on the computer

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
Re: Error Starting Computer
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 04:09:26 PM »
This could be a problem with the registry. Can you use system restore to a time back before the problem? Of course you could always call Customer Care and see what they have to say.

Good luck.  8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 06:42:06 PM »
Have you opened any emails lately......with extensions? run a trojan scan.//joke trojan??......try downloading spysweeper from webroot......what system is this ?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 06:42:37 PM by merlin_2 »

Guadalupe

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 08:06:58 AM »
it is not a virus. the computer is a a350n desktop with XP home edition as OS. the problem started when roxio go back was deleted and then the pc restarted with this error appearing. i have no clue what to do since ive heard different things. some guy on the warranty it has with circuit city said it was something that the motherboard needed to be tattoed or something... and then i heard that it needed the recovery discs and that will fix it. we ordered the discs already and hope it works with them and i cant call hp since it has no more warranty with them. hope you guys can help me or tell me if this might solve the problem. if u need more info on teh pc tell me  :'(

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 02:05:23 PM »
If it is still under warranty you should return it. I have never heard the term tattoed...

Guadalupe

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 11:21:49 AM »
yeah i don't know anything about that but thats what i heard. i tried system restore and it doesnt work and the only thing i have left is the recovering discs which should come in today... and i can't return because the computer works its the software which is malfunctioning which they only replace hardware....

Guadalupe

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 04:41:24 PM »
so anyone have any ideas or info on this the recovery dics didnt work it said it did not support this model.... ???