Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Your cooking skills  (Read 35310 times)

Mulreay

Your cooking skills
« on: July 30, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »
Hi guys I need to cook for my housemate in the next 12hrs to say thanks. Whats your favourite dish and how do you prepare it?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Your cooking skills
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 10:39:02 PM »
Bread --> Toaster --> Done.

Lol

What is the occasion?

Mulreay

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 10:44:44 PM »
Bread --> Toaster --> Done.

Lol

What is the occasion?

It's my landlord. I had an accident recently and he stood by me every step of the way. He was there to call an ambulance and he's still there checking on me today. I live with him by the way. He has given me money and time which is hard to repay. But I owe him a good meal.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 11:10:53 PM »
Oh, I'm glad you're all right.

Not sure what would be an appropriate meal. What about brownies? Something the both of you can enjoy. :)

Mulreay

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 11:17:48 PM »
Lol.. No I need a proper meal Carbon but I appreciate the advice. I'm thinking stuffed peppers (with rice or cous cous) roasted to start. Then may be a lamb shank or a Rib eye with a peppercorn sauce. Anyone?

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53:04 PM »
heh, good your okay, that's good. Do you know what your landlord likes to eat?  :)

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 11:54:07 PM »
Beef Wellington is very nice if done properly.
Evil is an exact science.

2x3i5x

Expert
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »
Beef Wellington is very nice if done properly.

if you are willing to spend the hours to make it, it's very good. But were you thinking of making a quick meal (which I mean, you don't need to spend too much time to make but when done right it'll really impress your guest)?

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 12:02:47 AM »
Hours?

I can make it under 45 minutes.

Of course practice helps.

2x3i5x

Expert
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 12:06:44 AM »
Sorry, did not mean it would necessarily take hours to make, as there are 45 min recipes of course as well as ones that would take 6 hrs to do.  :P

But I meant if you wanted to spend that time to make one good dish that's the highlight of the day vs making several decent quick meals and combine those into a good dinner? I don't know how soon Mulreay would like to have that nice dinner with his mate.

Foodnetwork.com is a good place for recipes, many recipes are there from the real professionals who have been cooking professionally for 20+ years and have successful restaurants open so you might want to take a look  :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:19:36 AM by 2x3i5x »

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 12:22:56 AM »
That 45 minutes includes the time needed for four other courses, including desert.

Mulreay

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 04:45:29 AM »
I have 6hrs... I may cook fish. You lot have gone to bed aint you... Sheesh. Time zones pah!

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 06:03:11 AM »
    why should we help you?  Okay get a steak,lobster an some squid.  Gently massage the squid add some salt an peper to the steak as well as some mint an garlic an a pinch of sweet basel while its cooking.  Bread the squid but add a little honey an sugar to give it a sweet taste or you could add like jalapeno's or something.  Add some garlic to the lobster while its cooking an some salt an peper.  Get some pototes an parsely, make mash potoes an then some cho pudding an some rasberries for desert.  Get some sprakleing shampagin as well as some butter.  Its not going to be cheap but should work out to $40
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 06:15:34 AM »
    why should we help you?
    Are you like this to everyone? If you said that to every new member here what would they think?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 06:21:38 AM »
      no, just the few I cant stand an the fact that your sending this completely off.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres