Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can anyone get to this site?  (Read 6368 times)

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Can anyone get to this site?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »
Thank you so much. Yes, it seems to be working for me too.
I also just noticed something and was wondering, is that whois site possibly listing some wrong information for people? The only reason I'm wondering is on the Sploofus site, it lists a different email than the whois site lists for them
"
Please contact the Sploofus business team ([email protected]) if you own a high-traffic website and would like to trade links."

I was also wondering, are Ip addresses suppose to be another method of getting to websites?

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 05:41:57 PM »
yes, ip address is another way to locate websites, though we're normally not typing ip addresses but the actual domain name.  Every website you go to (like google.com, yahoo.com, etc., they all have an ip address of the server hosting the site and the domain name is much easier to remember than a lot of numbers don't you think?)

the email address associated with the person or party who has officially registered a domain name does not have to be the same as the official one they list on the actual website  :P

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »
Actually, the IP address is the way things are addressed and located.  The URL's are for our convenience, since it is easier to remember "google.com" and so forth.  DNS (Domain Name Servers) provide the "translation" between IP address and URL.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"