Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Virtualdub and File Merging Problems  (Read 2535 times)

willythecat

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Virtualdub and File Merging Problems
    « on: July 31, 2009, 03:30:38 PM »
    Stupid Me! One logs on to a site supposedly dedicated to particular problems and what happens after 8 hours of waiting - Diddly Squat!
    Should have come here in the first place where at least l get an answer.
    Anyway, l sort of have a problem with Virtualdub which is certainly not life threatening, but it's happened to me on a couple of ocassions.
    I have two video files (cd1 and cd2) which on their own, view perfectly ok using Windows Media Player.
    I fire up Virtualdub (to join the two files), and when l open the first file, it says "AVI: Truncated or invalid compressed audio format detected (18 bytes should be 36). Attempting to fix".
    The Vdub screen also says "Warning: Nothing to output. Bframe decoder lag" and of course, will not procede to join the two files.
     I'm not that technically minded, but know how to "run" programs. So when l get this kind of message, it's over the top of my head l'm afraid!
    Because l'm having real problems with my physical drive (will burn cd's
     but not dvd's, but that's another problem) thought l'd use Ashampoos' Movie Shrink and Burn as it burns movies to a cd as opposed to a dvd. And guess what, when the first file was selected up pops the following message:
    "An invalid argument was passed to method 'unspecified method' of '': unspecified argument".
    So now l'm totally "out of my depth". Can view each file without any problem whatsoever, but can't seem to do anything with them?

Any explanations please?