Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no internet connection  (Read 3529 times)

mr tee

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    no internet connection
    « on: August 02, 2009, 04:55:50 AM »
    Hello people my friend has a H/P laptop running windows xp home 2002 service pack 3 Intel celeron cpu 1.70ghz ..1.69ghz, 960mb ram  and inside her device manager she has 2 yellow exclamation marks covering over the.. national semi conductor dp83815 - based pci fast ethernet adapter Avg mini port driver . Then there is another driver with an exclamation mark over it as well and its a ...Wan mini port (ip)-avg mini port driver ...I have tried to uninstall  these 2 drivers with no luck as the system states that ....(Failed to uninstall the device the device may be required to boot up the computer ) I have also removed Avg from her system currently ! Thank you if you can offer any assistance with this situation ! Microsoft give this message to which i have no idea about ..%_WINCEROOT%\Public\Common\Oak\Drivers\Ethdbg\DP83815

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: no internet connection
    « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 06:07:57 AM »
    Re-install the chipset drivers from the laptop's driver cd....
    Or from HP's site.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mr tee

Topic Starter

Beginner
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: no internet connection
      « Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 06:18:52 AM »
      Thanks for calling in patio ! Once again your knowledge has proven to be extremly useful ! I am reformatting right now ! OOppps but i am reformating the whole laptop oh well as long as it works is all that matters haha ! thanks again !