Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot locate pictures on my DVD-R  (Read 2287 times)

Billman343

Cannot locate pictures on my DVD-R
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:34:48 AM »
Okay I will try to be as thourough as possible here, please bare with me because I do not have a lot of experience with computers.

A few months ago I burned all the pictures from the last two years of my son and our family, and ALL of our memories on four different DVD-R. J

just recently I decided to import all the pictures back onto my computer. Three DVDs worked fine, but when I put the last DVD in containing pictures since Christmas up until now, the DVD did nothing. The other three popped up and I had the option to import all pictures.

So I clicked on my computer icon and saw the DVD RW Drive (E) which I am assuming is the DVD. It said the total size was 4.38KB and I had 223MD space available. So to me it seems like the pictures are still on the DVD, but I cannot find them. When I click on the DVD icon nothing shows up. I burned all my pictures on this DVD just like I did my others. All I did was put the new DVD in and than I guess it formated it and than I just dragged the picture files onto the DVD page, which is what it asked me to do.

I really need to figure out  a way to find these pictures and import them because these we're the only copies of our pictures I have. I can never get these memories back. Please if someone can help me and talk me though it I would really appreciate it.

I am afraid that I somehow deleted the pictures off of the DVD, but I do not remember how I would have done this.
I have a Gateway Windows VISTA.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Cannot locate pictures on my DVD-R
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 08:08:24 AM »
DLoad and install the FREE version of ISOBuster...see if it sees the photos...
If so use it to extract them to a folder and re-burn them.

This is caused by a burn project that was not finalised...actually most times the CD/DVD shows as empty...

Best of Luck.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "