Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pioneer DVR-109 Expansion Slot  (Read 3038 times)

R Fabs

Pioneer DVR-109 Expansion Slot
« on: June 01, 2005, 08:38:57 AM »
Hi

I recently updated my DVD-RW drive, removing the old one and putting in a new one.  I had an expansion slot for this purpose.  Now my computer ONLY recognizes the new Pioneer one, and not the default computer one.  I dont know much about the connections, so its probably my own fault.  The old one has power (its constantly blinking for some reason).  If anyone has any ideas, it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Pioneer DVR-109 Expansion Slot
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 09:59:53 AM »
    R Fabs..... Did you set the jumper on the back of the new dvd  drive you are installing as a slave ...and the existing one as the master ?

let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

Re: Pioneer DVR-109 Expansion Slotne
    « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 10:37:11 AM »
    You most likely neglected to set one drive to Master and one to Slave if they are connected through the same IDE cable.

rfabs

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 06:48:45 PM »
    Thanks for your replies...how do I set one as master, one as slave?  Thanks

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 07:10:06 PM »
      R Fabs....well , if you remove the cd - rom  or the DVD drive and hold it so your looking at the rear of it ...you should see looking from right to left .......  the location where the 4 pin power plug goes ..then next to that will be the multi pin socket where the IDE cable plugs in then ......the next set of pins ( one set will have a jumper installed ) these are the ones you select based on which pins are to be jumpered based on the info usually located on the top ( rear ) of the drive ........
      You should see the various options ..... ie Master , slave , cable select . The drive whichever is ( was plugged into the end of the IDE cable should have its jumpers set as Master .......... the second drive should have its jumpers set as the slave and it will plug into the IDE connector thats in the middle .

Hope this helps

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 07:10:56 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

RfABS

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 08:06:37 PM »
      Okay so I did that, and my system now recognizes both- master and slave.

However, now the master one isnt responding.  It will not open when I touch the eject button, nor when I right click on it to eject.  Thanks for taking the time with this one, I just fear I will mess it up royally if not coached.

Thanks

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 05:48:34 AM »
      Question:

1. Is the power cable connector firmly connected?

Suggestion:

1. Try a different power cable connector.