Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to hear sound through headphones except skype  (Read 4130 times)

yenrab

Topic Starter

Starter

Unable to hear sound through headphones except skype
    « on: August 04, 2009, 02:10:46 PM »
    Hi, im only new here and  so i hope im not going to sound too stupid.  Anyway Im hoping someone can help I have logitech headphones which have three options, listening to voice, music, or dvd.  When listening to skype no problem but if I want to listen to music either CD or via you tube or the like there is no sound coming through likewise watching DVD.   Can anyone help?  Thanks

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Unable to hear sound through headphones except skype
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:37:35 PM »
    what operating system are you using? Windows XP, Vista or something else?

In windows vista, you can mute all sounds except the one application for which you want to hear the sound from.

yenrab

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 05:58:38 PM »
      Thanks for your answer but im using windows XP

2x3i5x

Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »
      ok, I'm wondering, does sound work normally through other sources? (like if you plugged in regular speakers or other headphones for say?) If it were working ok, it might be that your logitech headphones is having problems.

yenrab

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
        Yes other head phones work, also these logitech h/p are only about two months old, when there are not h/p the sound comes through normal speakers no problem via voice, dvd, music etc, by the way appreciate you reading

2x3i5x

Expert
        « Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 11:03:07 PM »
        well since the logitech headphones are only 2 months old, you might just want to get a replacement headphone via warranty. Seems like, from what you have stated, that your computer is not having issues except when you attempt with the logitechs so ... maybe you want to give it a shot.

Or, if you bought it from a seller or store and still have the receipt, you can ask for an exchange.  :)