Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Access Database - required fields  (Read 3369 times)

catz

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Access Database - required fields
    « on: August 05, 2009, 12:07:23 PM »
    I have 2 databases where I've set up certain fields to be required or not null. The fields are required, at the table level, based on a Validation Rule and Validation Text not by setting the property Required to Yes. In one database, this is working perfectly. If a user doesn't fill out one of the "required" fields and tries to close the form using a "close form " command button, the user keeps getting the Validation Text message until they enter data in the field.

In the other database, the "this field is required message" only pops up if the user closes the form using the built-in X in the corner of the form. If the "close form" command button is used, the form just closes without popping up the validation text. It just seems to be ignoring the validation rules and validation text messages that have been set up.

The database where this is working correctly was created a few years ago in Access 2000 and later converted to Access 2003. The database where the validation isn't working was created in Access 2003. That's the only difference between the 2 that I can think of.

Any suggestions?