Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Alright So...  (Read 2066 times)

Notgoodwithcomps

Topic Starter

Rookie

Alright So...
    « on: August 08, 2009, 06:09:29 AM »
    People may have seen i recently had a huge discussion trying to figure out how to fix something on my computer and that got fixed....but obviously theres another problem.  I've had my video card for approximetly 3 years.  It's a Nvidia Geforce 7300GT.  It worked great for a long time.  But suddenly out of no my computer started acting weird with screen distortion, off colour, and screen flickering.  I figured out that when my video card wasn't installed the computer worked fine but as soon as i reinstalled it the problem started it up again.  My computer only works now when i have it on for maybe half an hour then turn it off right from the tower and back on then it seems to be alright until i turn it off and leave for a while then i have to repeat the process.  So im thinking my video card might just be fried but can someone tell me if im right or help me out if im not please?

Salmon Trout

Re: Alright So...
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 06:25:45 AM »
    I don't really see how anybody can tell you absolutely, for certain, that your video card is fried and that you need to get another one, because we'd need to actually be there at your house and have a spare video card to swap it with. However, for what it's worth, it sure sounds to me like it's defective. Its sounds like it is overheating. I suppose you have done the usual things such as checking that the fan is turning and not clogged up with dust?