Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: video card  (Read 1653 times)

Spooky

video card
« on: August 11, 2009, 03:25:48 PM »
Hey guys I'm new here and looking to get some advice on how to fix 2 problems.

I have vista ultimate, 2x250gb hdd's, 2gb ram and core2duo. My monitor is an optiquest crt. I recently installed an asus nvidia en6200tc video card. I then installed the driver that came with the card and then the driver update from nvidia's website as the card is two years old.
Everything seems to be working fine except for two things. One being that my performance rating in vista for graphics went down from 3.8 to 2.3 after installing the video card. And before I installed the asus card I was just using the onboard card.

Second whenever I put the computer to sleep and turn the monitor off then turn it back on the log in screen's resolution is higher, then i log in and the destop seems to be doubled then quickly goes back to normal, resolution and all.

If I put the computer to sleep but don't turn the monitor off and then wake it up the resolution doesn't change and everything is fine. The resolution only changes when I turn the monitor off then on again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: video card
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 03:31:30 PM »
Monitor loses synchronization when you put computer to sleep and turn monitor off.  Live with it or just let monitor go to sleep, too.