Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer slowed down drastically  (Read 2587 times)

angrywasp

Topic Starter

Computer slowed down drastically
    « on: August 09, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 with Vista SP1. I got a virus about 2 weeks ago and re installed Vista. Everything worked fine for a week, then the computer became slow at some point. I use the computer for music production so I noticed everything slowed down because my projects were suddenly overloading the system.

Anyway, I have tried to work what is wrong. I have scanned with Kaperksy, Ad Aware, Spybot and not found anything. I have checked device manager and everything is working fine. There is plenty of space on the hard disk. I have checked programs running at startup and disabled any unnecessary. I have checked disks for errors.

So what else could it be? And everything worked fine for a week after re installing the operating system, then everything seemed to suddenly slow down. I had been installing a lot of software, but only programs I had on before I re installed the operating system.

Any help appreciated

AW

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer slowed down drastically
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »
    Did you re-install your MBoard device drivers ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

angrywasp

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 03:12:12 PM »
      There is a feature where you can restore the OS back to what is was like when the computer was new, so I just used that. It worked for about a week then everything slowed down.

Do you think I should re install the Mboard device drivers then?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 03:13:59 PM »
      It won't hurt anything...
      Depending on how the restore CD/partition was created they may have forgotten a few important details.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "