Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Protective film still on new laptop or not?  (Read 2041 times)

Anythingwill

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computers, you love and you hate them...
    Protective film still on new laptop or not?
    « on: August 10, 2009, 09:20:42 PM »
    Hey,

Hopefully a quick and easy question. I just got a new computer and in unpacking it there was just one protective sticker that I couldn't get off (see pic (which i got to transfer from my cellphone with the new bluetooth on my new laptop :D). It's on the HP symbol on the top of the laptop and I just want to make sure it's actually a protective film.
    It seems like a film where there's an obvious edge where more of the light escapes. As well as there's something of a scratch mark under the h (that was there before) that you see when you start leaving the protective film on for too long.

I'm just asking because I seem completely unable to take it off. Also as writing this I realized that normally those kinds of films are normally bigger than what they cover, not less, so that it actually protects it. I haven't used anything too rigid that would scratch the laptop because, well, I don't want to scratch it. All of my attempts just seem ineffectual.

So any opinions? Anyone else buy a HP laptop with the same kind of light on the top?

Thanks

Edit: Edited to incorporate "protective film" rather than sticker

[attachment deleted by admin]
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:44:42 PM by Anythingwill »

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Sticker still on new laptop or not?
    « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:21:55 PM »
    Are you sure it's a sticker and not a logo with a protective film over it?
    Evil is an exact science.

Anythingwill

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computers, you love and you hate them...
      Re: Sticker still on new laptop or not?
      « Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:23:12 PM »
      that's what I was going for, I just couldn't think of "protective film" so I went with "sticker"