Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer restarts...Couldnt Find other Threads  (Read 4895 times)

Damien Silkensen

My computer restarts...Couldnt Find other Threads
« on: June 03, 2005, 12:45:54 AM »
I'm sorry if there is another thread, but I need this fixed and fast.  it's a critical error because when ever my DVD/CD-RW...or a third party (drive, 'lets say a video camera drive') my computer restarts.

The Event viewer doesn't see anything wrong.  But I think it may have something to do with the Secruity manager thing.  Couldnt remeber a precise word for the function.  Other than that the information i posted on the first paragraph is the main problem, focus on that not this 2nd paragraph, it's just a maby.

I also had uninstalled AVG6 <--anti virus software, because it started to restart after I installed that.  I have just uninstalled it.  So it's gone.  And the problem presists.  I currently have eTrust Anti-Virus.

I will check this forum tomorrow but please e-mail me.  I rarely return to the forum inwhich I posted.  I'll return tomorrow, but just e-mail instead (or post for people who need help with this same problem.)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: My computer restarts...Couldnt Find other Thre
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 12:57:33 AM »
    Damien Silkensen  ......
    "I'm sorry if there is another thread, but I need this fixed and fast.  it's a critical error because when ever my DVD/CD-RW...or a third party (drive, 'lets say a video camera drive') my computer restarts"

Need some info ....

What operating system are you using ?
    When did this start ?
    are these other 3rd party devices you refer to all usb connected ?
    Has you system ever worked with these external devices connected ?

let us know

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 01:08:30 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Damien Silkensen

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 04:52:20 PM »
    Here are the Spec's you asked for:

*Windows XP:  Home Edition
      *It started after I had installed AVG ( I also had uninstalled AVG6 <--anti virus software, because it started to restart after I installed that.)
      *These 3rd party devices are either a cd blank or written on, or a external driver of some type.  They worked with them before.

Hope this helps

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 05:28:11 AM »
    Use a registry scanner to clean obsolete AVG entries.

Damien Silkensen

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 08:31:30 AM »
    Well, I was wondering if anyone who has AVG6 antivirus has had any problem like that.  If not it's not the AVG software doing it.  I made a full complete Virus Scan with eTrust inoculate.  Other than that, do you have a registry scanner that will remove any thing like that?

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 08:36:44 AM »
    Registry First Aid is a very good registry scanner.

A free trial is available.

Damien Silkensen

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 09:15:15 AM »
    other than avg possibly being the problem what would you think would be another problem.  Other than a viral one too.

Damien Silkensen

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 09:17:00 AM »
    other than avg possibly being the problem what would you think would be another problem.  Other than a viral one too.  Cus my event viewer doesnt see any problem other than the security manager exits...then comp restarts.

Damien_Silkensen

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 09:20:34 AM »
    Sorry for the DP but my connection lagged.  I'll try not to do it again.

merlin_2

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 12:10:50 PM »

Damien_Silkensen

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 03:46:49 PM »
    I may have found the problem.

When I run windows under Safe Mode the computer can access the drives without auto-rebooting suddenly.  after I moved some files over to the computer to run straight from the HD <hard drive> I used the program msconfig.exe and looked at what was being started at startup.  I came accross some potential trojans, but I also came accross this file called "REGGUARD."  Does anyone know what the purpose of this program is and what it does., because I dont want to stop it from starting up if it conflicts with registry information?

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 04:08:19 PM »
      I'd be very surprised if AVG caused you any problems, I run it on 4 machines & it's never missed a beat.

Damien_Silkensen

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2005, 10:03:51 AM »
      Yeah I might have thought that....but I have uncovered information for the reason my computer auto-reboots.  I have a question: Would the problem for the reboots be because of something called DLA, because I went to my computer and right clicked on the drive and went to properties and DLA then disabled it and applied the setting.  Rigth click onthe CDROM to find that it had been re-enabled because there's a check mark near the DLA setting when you right click.  Same re-enable that happened in the properties box.  here's where they solution may be at hand, but I dont know if a highly used program that I should disable from the startup.  the program is called tsfwctrl <--"C:/windows/dla/tsfwctrl.exe

Other programs that I dont know why they startup or their functions but I just know they look highly suspicious:

*RECGUARD
      *srmclean
      *nwiz
      *tftxh
      *dumprep 0 -k
      *a totaly blank line no *.*exe file or directory shown

Please someone give me some information on these programs.
      « Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 10:12:55 AM by Damien_Silkensen »

Computer_Commando

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2005, 10:14:52 AM »
      ...I have a question: Would the problem for the reboots be because of something called DLA...

I think you mean DMA.

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/d/dma.htm

DMA conflicts will most definitely cause problems.

Damien_Silkensen

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005, 10:19:50 AM »
      close but no siggar ti is dla.  A program that enables drag 'n drop on my CDRW drive.  But i think there's a problem because when I disable it it either re-enable's itself or starts to randomly spin up, even with no cd inside of it.  and *BAM* auto-reboot.  and the tsfwctrl.exe file I told you about is in a folder called dla, and I cannot endprocess it.
      « Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 10:21:28 AM by Damien_Silkensen »