Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't Connect to Internt w/ Vista  (Read 2638 times)

Taz Man Xl

Topic Starter

Can't Connect to Internt w/ Vista
    « on: August 10, 2009, 06:02:29 PM »
    I recently got a Compaq Presario CQ60 from my sister, it had a bad virus on it and I restored to it its factory image. While it had the virus, it did connect to the internet. But for some reason now it will connect to the router wirelessly, but not the internet. I have gone into cmd and tried to do the winsock thing a that did not work, i updated the routers firmware that didn't work. I took it into a computer guy I'm familiar with and he managed to get it on the internet wirlessly and thoughcable at the shop of his. I took it home and of course, it doesn't work. I'm using a NETGEAR RANGEMAX WPN824v2 router. I'm almost certain its a problem with vista and my router because i have a friend who came over with a vista and his didn't work either, but i have another with XP and his worked. The Toshiba Satellite that im using right now is also XP, and my handheld devices work also. Help would be MUCH appreciated!

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Can't Connect to Internt w/ Vista
    « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 06:03:41 PM »
    Are you trying to access this through a cable or wirless?
    Evil is an exact science.

Taz Man Xl

Topic Starter

Re: Can't Connect to Internt w/ Vista
      « Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 06:04:03 PM »
      Wireless