Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Speaker  (Read 6279 times)

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Speaker
    « Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 05:10:16 PM »
    its a d-sub connector not a jack, but yeah???
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

jamie009

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »
      well w.e man lol...  anyway.. the one on my mother board doesnt work when i hook my monitor up to it.. i dont know if its cause all my display drivers are set for my all in wander graphics card threw ATI or what..

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »
        I know but its a matter of if your in the field you have to know what they are.  It probably disabled the on board if it has it in the bios.  You could move the cmos jumper an see after resting it.  Depends on the board, also you could try removeing the cmos battery with the power off an put it back in an check.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

jamie009

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 05:20:13 PM »
          ive had the batter out before didnt work..how would i that in the Bios if you dont mind me asking.. Cause id really like to get it to work so i can get another graphics card..the connector for it is about broke so plus im tired of it..

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 05:33:43 AM »
          Hello Jamie009, your right when you say:

its cause all my display drivers are set for my all in wander graphics card threw ATI or what.

When you install a graphics card, almost all motherboards will disable the on-board graphics circuitry. Only a limited number of motherboards support having both active at once.

If you want to use the on-board graphics, you'll need to examine the settings in BIOS setup. Most have a setting along the lines of "Init display first" or simply a Enabled/Disabled option for the Integrated circuitry- often under the "Integrated Peripherals" option in the BIOS screen.

ive had the batter out before didnt work..how would i that in the Bios if you dont mind me asking.. Cause id really like to get it to work so i can get another graphics card..the connector for it is about broke so plus im tired of it..

What do you mean? your Internal graphics card is likely quite functional- And if your experiencing issues with your ATI Card you can replace it without involving the integrated graphics.
          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 05:51:40 AM »
            exatly, I figured reseting it would just be easier

jamie009

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 08:18:48 PM »
              its ok i just went and got a AMD Athlon  64x2 processor and a raedon 9800 pro so im good now and as far as my speakers he fixed that too..think it was just a ill dusty in there but yea.. thanks for everything though.. I appreciate it