Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Performance Check Requested  (Read 13051 times)

Raptor

Re: Performance Check Requested
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 07:24:16 AM »
The latter is detailed information on the processor its specifications.

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2005, 07:27:35 AM »
ok. After reading your PM, everything looks good. So all I have to do now is make sure that I don't need any PS2, Parallel, or Serial Ports... I should be ok.. Thanks guys!

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 09:50:47 AM »
Oh I also want to show you all the model I'll be buying... (No idea why) ... http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_9100?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs ... Have a look!  ;D

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2005, 04:04:54 PM »
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 04:06:19 PM by merlin_2 »

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2005, 04:11:44 PM »
Thanks Merlin, but I wouldn't say that I'm advanced enough to build me own at this time. I know about a lot of standard hardware and how to fix them , but installing/setting them up is something that I am not yet capable of doing... May I ask why you have voted against the Dell?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2005, 04:19:42 PM »
dell does NOT make pc...<michael bell>...it buy the parts in bulk.....and somewere in the slave /provertry sticken world.....they are put<cough> together<slung>.......why not build your own........<CD Drives: Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 48x CD-RW Drive
whereis the dvd writer........no mention of coolling the system......why is that.........a crash and burn job......for the cash and satisfaction..........build it.....and reap the rewards the new amd dual cpu is out stripping ......intel 4

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2005, 05:04:40 PM »
Trust me, I would love to build my own computer, but I'm not that advanced yet. Also, Dell does not mention the cooling system so much, but I've had a Dell before, and never had any problems.

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2005, 07:40:15 PM »
Ok. Well, after doing the proper research, I have just now bought the computer! A fair price, and plenty of great features!  ;D  Thanks for the help guys!  ;D

[glb]Flame[/glb]

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2005, 09:17:24 PM »
    Flame....Why didnt you get a P4 ( 670 as opposed to the 630) particularly if your a gammer ......?
    Just being nosey .....LOL

Does the mobo thats going in  support pc5400 DDR2 ram?

Thats one of the things that I dont like about Dell .......they seem to be reluctant to provide specs of what they are installing . Will you be getting a real authentic M/S cd or one of those phony balony Dell propietory install/restore .

They seem to work ok ....most of the time ........and their service is ok ...if your prepared to be shuffled back and forth ....... Then of course if you have to call their service centre ...make sure you have you universal translator enabled......

Cheers
    dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 09:18:06 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
    « Reply #24 on: June 06, 2005, 09:35:55 PM »
    Well, I'm not sure if the mobo supports the RAM, but if it's being installed, then it must be compatible... Seeing as there is only one motherboard... It's required too... No changes... Also, as for as the processor goes, I could not change the 630 to a 670... I would have to add .2 GHz to the processor... Those pigs want $100 for that.   >:(  Don't you just hate outsourcing?! I can't stand it! Gateway did that a few times... Everytime I get someone who is outsourced, I just hang up the phone... The way I look at it, they can't understand you, and you can't understand them... They don't even go to tech. school... They just read off of the screen... Our USA Techs have to be certified first... So now, I contact Gateway support through IM. They ALWAYS have English speaking people there.  :)  Well, the only problem I have with Dell now, is that they need 20 days for building time. That pissed me off, but what am I to do? Oh well. lol  

[glb]Flame[/glb]

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2005, 09:49:05 PM »
      Flame...... Well you know , building a pc isnt rocket science ....... When you assemble your own ...you have the control to install what you want rather than what some sales person wants to sell you .  
      I would have thought that you being a gammer ..would have gone for a AMD ....... ( while I am a Intel person , I understand from all I have read that AMD is the way to go )  

As long as you are satisfied ....thats all that matters .

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
      « Reply #26 on: June 06, 2005, 09:55:07 PM »
      Yeah, I know it isn't THAT hard, but I'm not so good with important cables... That's why I don't work for the bomb squad. lol  Red cable or blue cable? lol  Also, I don't have the time to even assemble a PC.  :'(  Maybe I will one day... (sigh)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2005, 07:28:53 AM »
      I would have thought that you being a gammer ..would have gone for a AMD ....... ( while I am a Intel person , I understand from all I have read that AMD is the way to go )  

Dl65, next time I hear you talk such foul language I am going to have to chastise you.

merlin_2

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2005, 01:09:14 PM »
      maybe if you are a serious gamer have a look here>.http://www.falcon-nw.com/machv.asp

or buy a ps2.....

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
      « Reply #29 on: June 07, 2005, 01:12:29 PM »
      Thanks for the link! Actually, I'm not a serious gamer, but when I play a game, I don't want ANY laggin or any trouble. Drives me crazy. lol   But I ordered the computer last night, so of course, Dell's idiots want 20 days to build the thing, but oh well. lol

[glb]Flame[/glb]