Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reformat problem - no picture on monitor  (Read 1978 times)

Ngatai

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Reformat problem - no picture on monitor
    « on: August 19, 2009, 01:27:28 AM »
    Hello, i have recently reformatted my harddrive and then reinstalled windows xp + serverpack 2, evrything seemed to work fine except i lost my Network Drivers so off to the shed went this computer because i had just recently got a new one as well as a new monitor. Today i got the old computer back out the shed hoping to install the network drivers and other drives back on it but when i started it up there was a problem. The black screen with white text and the the Windows loading screen would start up but then i would lose all visual after that, no log in screen or anything. which means i cannot install anything to fix it. What can i do ?? maby its my new monitor ?? Maby i need to first get some video driveers installed on there to get the picture back up ? How ??

Computer Specs.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz  (or maby a 1.8)
    Memory: 2GB
    Hard drive: 80GB
    Video: 256Mb NVidia GeForce video card with DVI.
    Monitor: 22" Asus monitor with DVI and VGA inputs

hot dog

Re: Reformat problem - no picture on monitor
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 03:25:07 AM »
    Using the old computer with the new monitor, are you able to enter the Advanced Options menu?  Power on the computer an tap F8 until you see the Advanced Options menu........If you are successful you will see options such as Safe Mode, VGA mode...etc        Are you able to enter this screen?

If you are able to enter this screen, try VGA mode...  You won't get the best resolution/color, but you will at least be able to install necessary drivers for your system..

edit:Sorry, you won't be able to get online to get updates obviously, until your net. card driver is installed.. Is your network adapter onboard or is it a card? If you can figure it out, what is the make/model of the network adapter? What is the make/model of the computer as well?  Is there another disk that came with the computer when you bought it?  Some computers come with separate disks that carry the drivers...

I did an install of a Dell system once, and had to get the network adapter driver off of a separate CD, that came with the computer...
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:54:05 AM by blockHEAD »