Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Best DVD Movie software is hard to find.  (Read 2031 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Best DVD Movie software is hard to find.
« on: August 11, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »
Best DVD Movie software is hard to find. I have been trying for over two yers to get into burning Movies on to DVD. I do it, but it is never fast and easy. I have used Nero, could never learn Ulead and got fed up with cyperlink power.
Recently, I tried a bunch eith 'Free' software, which should be called crippleware.

Really, the are a couple  that really are free. But hard to understand.

So my question is: Where are the really good software programs to burn, convert, edit and splice video files for use on any DVD player? 

???

Nero is so very slow if I have to convert an AVI video and burn to a standard DVD format. By the time it got done I had to shave again.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Best DVD Movie software is hard to find.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:38:31 PM »
ConvertXToDVD, this is what I've been using for a while, and very happy with it. Not free though.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »
    I have been using Magix Movie maker and like Broni i too find it to be very good--also not free--though i believe a time limited free version is available on their website. I do not like Nero or Roxio (or whatever it is called these days).In the end it may come down to a personal preference thing. truenorth

Ecardius

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 11:43:16 AM »
    I agree with Broni ConvertX to DVD is a great program.  As for splicing I do have a program that escapes my memory at the moment but for joining videos into one check out Ultra Video Joiner.