Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: trouble when a new window is opened.  (Read 4684 times)

paulygon

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    trouble when a new window is opened.
    « on: August 13, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »
    Hello,  I have an Acer laptop. This has been an annoying problem since day one.  It has Windows 7 and I am using the latest I.E.  When I am on some websites and I click on a video link a new window will open.  I can hear the video, but I cannot see it.  All I have to do is minimize and then maximize the window and the video is there now. This also happens for instance when I see a picture of a baked item. When I click on it to get the actual recipe the new window will open. I cannot see the recipe nor can I scroll up or down the page, It seems frozen. Minimizing and maximizing the window cures all this.   Any help would be much appreciated. 

truenorth

Guru

Re: trouble when a new window is opened.
      « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »
      Not that it will solve the IE issue but i suggest that you try another browser.My personal favorite is Opera.This will help to determine if your issue is with the IE browser or with the operating system.
      http://www.opera.com/
      let us know the result when you can.truenorth

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »
      I agree you might want to try a different browser such as Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc.

But please forgive a silly question (I'm sorry, we never know the level of knowledge of folks with whom we are speaking) - When you say a new "Window" opens do you mean a second instance of IE or a new tab? If it's actually a new Window you should change the options to open a new tab rather than a new window when you click on a link.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 07:50:59 AM »
      Minimizing and maximizing the window cures all this.
      Wonder if its the webpage not yet fully loaded or is still loading?

paulygon

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
        Thank you for all of your help.  I installed Firefox and the problem is gone.  I feel silly for not thinking of that myself since I have Firefox on my desktop.  Thanks again.   

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 02:45:10 PM »
        Well, it's a work-around but not a solution. Regardless, I switched to Firefox a couple of years ago and have been 100% delighted since.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 11:54:20 AM »
          If you value the use of IE you may wish to go back to an earlier version and see if that gets rid of the problem. Also removing all the add ons in the current version may get it to work right and then you can add back add-ons as you desire until you find one that was causing your issue.
          http://www.oldversion.com/
          truenorth