Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: not letting me download games  (Read 5862 times)

Cindy Knight

not letting me download games
« on: June 05, 2005, 09:36:30 AM »
I have tried to download several games, and one which is brand new, never installed, and there are some conflicting things going on that will not let it install on my computer.  The message C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT appears everytime.  Is this the forum to help me or do I need to try someone else?  Please help me!!

cindy1999

Re: not letting me download games
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 09:49:57 AM »
I forgot to put the full message i am receiving .....The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application., appears everytime.  If you click on close or ignore, it closes the installation and won't let you install the game!  this message appears after all the autoexec stuff!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 01:32:41 PM »
Hi Cindy! Take a deep breath. I can help you. I had this same problem not long ago, and this is the link from Microsoft that helped... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767 ... Follow the instructions carefully, and you will do well... Also, you will need your Windows XP CD to do this... (Look at the 3rd symptom)  Keep in touch...

[glb]Flame[/glb]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 01:33:37 PM by flame »

cindy1999

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 02:50:41 PM »
hey flame, thanks for the link but i was able to by pass the use of the cd to get it to work because when i bought my computer i was not given an XP disc, but the steps i did worked and was able to reinstall some older games as well, so thanks so much for all the help!! this forum has helped me enormously, if any further problems come about i will absolutely keep all ya'll in mind!!!