Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't install anything new- says something is being installed and it is not??  (Read 4551 times)

carriecolyer

HI,

I am a novice when it comes to anything past the basics...I have tried to add programs to my new computer- recently FlipShare for the flip mino camcorder.  I get the message that I can't install because something else is being installed and I should wait for that to finish.  I haven't installed anything that I know about- and I am the only one on the computer?  What is this?  I get alot of HP Solution Center messages which I don't understand so I ignore- but I can't add any programs- how do I figure out what seems to be in process of installing.  I wouldn't know where to start.  I will do many random acts of kindness for an answer-  I so want to use my little video camera....thanks much carrie.c

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Have you tried to reboot and then try to install the app again?

smeezekitty

sometimes the install shield runs in the background because some error
occurred when installing last program and doesnt allow you to install other programs
reboot and it should bee fine

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Didn't I just say that?

prosportal

Beginner

Right click your taskbar and select Task Manager. In the Processes tab, look for any processes running called "Msiexec.exe or Setup.exe" If it's a startup item trying to install, Click Start > Programs > Accessories > Startup and delete any unknown applications. If nothing is listed, Click Start > Run > MSCONFIG > and select the startup tab and uncheck anything you're CERTAIN shouldn't be there. When installing Windows fresh, there are no startup items or services listed other than microsoft, but some applications on your PC may require them to be there so be careful.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "