Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issue with HP Pavilion dv1000 drivers and WLAN  (Read 4332 times)

NadeemS

Issue with HP Pavilion dv1000 drivers and WLAN
« on: August 22, 2009, 02:31:53 PM »
hello all,

This is first time I am using these kind of forum with a hope that someone might be able to help me out.

I have HP Pavilion dv 1000 notebook PC. Recently, I reformated it and tried to installed Win XP professional. while  I was installing with xp cd, at one place it gave me error that driver.cab file can not be installed and if I want to continue i should skip and keep going, which I did. I used two different xp cd to install it properly but it shows the same error with both cds. Now, after installing the XP professional, I am facing lots of problems in terms of drivers. My device manager shows lots of yellow mark under other devices ? ! . I tried to download all the softwares from HP website for this perticular laptop dv1000 but none is working and I am not sure why. On the top of all this, My WLAN icon at the bottom at right side shows a X mark ( disabled) and when I click it to enable it, it says " This device has been disabled in windows device manager. To enable this devie use windows device manager".  I go to windows device manager but i can't find anything disabled under network adapters. Now i can not enable the WLAN because I can't find it in device manager to enable it.

I know you guys must have read these kind of issues before and might have answered it as well. I tried to search for the answers but I couldn't get exact solution yet. I will be very thankful if someone could just help me out here.

I dont have a recovery disk or option to recover the OS as a factory default. I think somehow i managed to delete the partition where it was resided :( ???