Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer is beeping a lot......  (Read 2834 times)

martistar

My computer is beeping a lot......
« on: June 05, 2005, 04:18:56 PM »
my pc is beeping all over the place --- sometimes one short; sometimes 3 short, sometimes alternating between a high beep and a lower 'blip'.  Sometimes there's a whole bunch altogether!  This has been going on for awhile (weeks) but is getting worse.  I checked the cpu temp and that is ok.  I went to several sites trying to find info, but nothing seems to be working.

Here's info from the startup screen ( I unplugged my keyboard and re-booted to get this info):

Phoenix-AwardBIOS v6.00PG

W6570NMS V5.7 03904 09:49:26

Can anyone at least point me in the right direction?  I have no idea what could be causing so many different beeps!

Computer_Commando

Re: My computer is beeping a lot......
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 05:02:58 PM »
Bad keyboard.

martistar

Re: My computer is beeping a lot......
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 05:25:40 PM »
you may be right...

i just powered everything down, disconnected everything from the power source, took off the covers, checked all connections, cleaned system fan, fan to power supply, fan on video card (i took this off and re-seated it), hooked everything back up and turned the pc back on.  i got a beep during startup, which i don't think i had before, and i've been running about 10 minutes now with no beeps.  could it have been the cat fur from my shedding long-haired cat?  there was lots of it inside the case. ???