Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issues with Reformatting  (Read 2219 times)

pvmichaels

Topic Starter

Issues with Reformatting
    « on: August 23, 2009, 12:57:15 PM »
    OK, after my friend said it is easy to reformat my computer since I was having many issues with it, I decided to do it! Well, my problems then started!

I have XP on my HP computer. I couldn't find my HP disk, so I used a Dell XP disk I had from my old Dell computer thinking it would be fine. After I did reformat the computer it worked, except I cannot hook up to the interent. The only option I have is dial-up, but I currently have Fios for my internet, so that does nothing for me!

On the device manager, I have question marks for my drivers. Luckily, I have my laptop to go on the internet.

What, if anything, can I do? Do I need to get a friends HP disk and reformat it again? Your help is truly appreciated!

Thanks!

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Issues with Reformatting
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »
    What, if anything, can I do? Do I need to get a friends HP disk and reformat it again? Your help is truly appreciated!

That may not be necessary, If the only problem that you are encountering is for the NIC then you got off really lucky.

I would just recommend downloading the correct NIC driver from HP and install that.

As a side note, I would also suggest phoning HP to get the correct disks in case you need them in the future.  They usually send them out with a minor amount of fuss.  It adds up to about 10 minutes on the phone.
    Evil is an exact science.

pvmichaels

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 03:04:50 PM »
      I would just recommend downloading the correct NIC driver from HP and install that.

Ok,  I am guessing save it on a flash drive using my laptop, and somehow install it on the other computer? How would I do this?

Once this is done, will I should be able to have internet?

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »
      Did you get this issue resolved?
      Evil is an exact science.