Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cd rom drive not opening  (Read 1764 times)

alyoob

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Experienced
    cd rom drive not opening
    « on: August 27, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »
    Hi i have a problem with my cd rom drive. My problem is that under the device manager properties the comput recognizes that their is a cd rom drive and there is no exclamation points stating that there is a problem. When i press the cd tray to open it so i can insert a cd the computer starts to freezes up and not respond and the current program would freeze. The cd rom drive does not open. I tried to open the computer and unplug the cd rom cord from the back of the drive and and wait 10 second and reinsert the cord back but that did not work. I am using windows xp.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: cd rom drive not opening
    « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:14:52 AM »
    Is it possible there's a disc stuck in the unit? Use a paperclip and insert it in the small opening in the front of the drive (manual opening slot)

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 11:17:35 AM »
      seems like it may be a power issue.  unplug the machine the machine an remove the molex an put it back in.  If that dont work its possibly going bad
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

alyoob

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 11:57:16 AM »
        Is it possible there's a disc stuck in the unit? Use a paperclip and insert it in the small opening in the front of the drive (manual opening slot)

Thanks for your help Adg it worked

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 12:02:05 PM »
        You're very welcome. Glad it's sorted out.