Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Missing Internet Connection Icons  (Read 2146 times)

Coogah

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Missing Internet Connection Icons
    « on: August 24, 2009, 04:57:55 PM »
    For the past 8 months or so I've been unable to locate the internet connection icon for my wireless internet.  I am using a USB adaptor Linksys WUSB600N but when everything was first installed a year ago everything was ok.  Since then I have uninstalled and reinstalled the adaptor a few times and have also done some other editing of network preferences and now my icon for my wireless internet connection has gone away on both the system tray and in network connections menu.  I have tried Microsoft's troubleshooting for Missing Icons top to bottom with no avail: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826

When I have the 3rd party Linksys control panel control my adaptor I can connect to the internet just fine without problems.  However I have the option to switch control over to the  XP Wireless Zero Configuration utility and when I do that I loose internet connection.
    So maybe with messing with some of the preferences I had accidentally deleted some files? I'm not sure, hopefully someone can help out.
    I also have run numerous virus scans and malware scans with Adaware, Spybot, and Avast! All have come back negative.

I can update with more information as needed, thank you.

orchid

Rookie
    • Life Has no Ctrl+z
      • Yes
      • www.tyronnemax.blogspot.com
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Missing Internet Connection Icons
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 01:42:46 AM »
    See attachments

[attachment deleted by admin]