Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Debilitating typing/clicking errors  (Read 2836 times)

Lucretz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Debilitating typing/clicking errors
    « on: August 25, 2009, 09:55:54 PM »
    I had posted a topic in the the Windows XP section of the forum previously, but nothing suggested seemed to clear up my problem, so I was told to post here.

What I'm dealing with basically is a few issues, mainly unwanted capitilization of text occuring randomly which is accompanied by other problems including
    - inability to send messages on MSN
    - inability to click on a single file, as a single click will now highlight/open many files unintentionally
    - problems with selecting text, as large blocks will be selected from a single click
    - clicking on a link that should just open a new page in the current browser window, now cause an entire new window to open

These are some very frustrating problems, and make it hard to do anything when they appear.  It's not the keyboard, as it's happened on more than one.  No hotplugging.  I regularly run AVG and Spybot.  I just started running CCleaner.  I even tried a standard System Recover and no change. 

The problem usually occurs after my PC has been actively running while I'm using it for an hour or so.  I dl'ed SpeedFan and noticed that my GPU, Temp 1 and 2 and Core appear with a 'fire' icon when the problems occur.

I performed all the scans suggested in the sticky and have them attacked in a .txt file.

[attachment deleted by admin]