Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP OS  (Read 1861 times)

annie03

XP OS
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »
I'm using a dell Dimension 8400.  The sound card, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 was putting out sound, but suddenly quit.  The ethernet is not working.    Sometimes when I try to reboot, I have to unplug all USB devices, boot then plug back in the devices.   

I've tried to reload drivers for the sound card, but it does not help.   I can't find drivers for the ethernet card.

Seems I have an underlying problem, but I don't know how to solve it. 

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: XP OS
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 09:42:58 AM »
These things don't happen spontaneously. What led up to these problems (new hw, sw, virus, etc)?

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: XP OS
    « Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 11:25:56 AM »
    go to there site there should be a diagonisic light code display.  You can tell us what is lit an whats not  ;)
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres